At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access & participate in, & that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, & trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets & people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse & Societe Generale, & together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain & crypto technology.
We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our team. Paxos SRE team owns the entire production & test infrastructure, consisting of over 200 EC2 instances, 25 databases, spanning 3 different regions. We are moving to cutting edge technologies like EKS, implementing modern CI/CD solutions, & deploying security tools to help protect hundreds of millions of dollars under custody. You will work closely with product engineering teams & our information security team to deploy & support cutting edge secure solutions.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will be a key player in building, deploying, & scaling the infrastructure that our other engineering teams use.
What youll do:
- You will help scale & build our infrastructure as we build more products that rely on this infrastructure
- You will build observability into our environment & applications that help us monitor & self-heal when problems come up.
- Own infrastructure projects end-to-end that span multiple teams.
- You will make the right trade-off between reliability & product feature speed come up with metrics that define the tradeoff, get buy-in from stakeholders & measure against those
- You will automate code deployments so that we can release daily & often multiple times a day
- You will have active involvement & mentorship of junior engineers doing code reviews resulting in up leveling the skill set for the entire team
What you need to have:
- Significant work experience as a software engineer, DevOps Engineer, or Site Reliability Engineer
- While we dont require a degree, formal schooling in engineering is a nice-to-have
- Experience working with at least one major cloud platform (AWS preferred)
- Work experience with Java, Python, Go, or Ruby
- Experience working with a product that has end users
- You have worked with common infrastructure tools like Docker, Terraform, Puppet, Helm
- You are able to understand & articulate the design & application of the architecture of the entire system
- You have worked with distributed systems, cloud native applications & system design
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical & mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds & experience in banking, startups, tech giants, & big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London & Singapore & have big plans for our growth. Were looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working & intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers & regulators can trust. Were committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open & accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets & those who dont want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquarie, INTL FCStone & Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, & employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor & a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do & influence how we communicate & collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, & ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, & family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in & out of office.) In addition to the benefits & perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real & measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
The Paxos Blog
Paxos Raises $300 Million Series D
The Future of Paypal & Paxos Partnership
Unchained Podcast: Paxoss Partnership With PayPal
Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
Fireside Chat with Paxos CEO Chad Cascarilla & Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev