About Open Road Integrated Media
Open Road Integrated Media is a prestige content brand delivering digital experiences that entertain & inform readers around the world.
Laser-focused on revenue, reach, & repeat customers, the Open Road network of digital properties produces compelling stories that keep audiences engaged across devices, content verticals, & global territories.
About the Position
The Managing Editorial Intern will assist the Managing Editorial department in a number of tasks related to ebook & POD production, including preparing hard copy files for digitization, device QA, data entry, departmental administrative tasks, copyediting and some proofreading. The intern will report to the Assistant Production Editor & work closely with Editorial, Production, & Design team members. Please note that this internship is for academic credit & will not be paid.
Open Road is a fast-paced, high-profile startupdetails & deadlines are of the essence. The right individual will have the unique opportunity to experience all aspects of managing editorial in a next-generation publishing environment.
- Perform quality assurance of Open Road titles on major reading devices (iPad, Kindle, & others)
- Proofread POD files
- Enter descriptive copy & other metadata as needed in title management system
- Prep books for digitization
- Check current Open Road titles on Apple, Amazon, & other major etailers to ensure they are active & display the correct metadata
- Assist in keeping title reports up-to-date & accurate
- Convert e-books from manuscript & assist with formatting & correcting e-book files.
- Strong attention to detail & ability to efficiently manage time & work independently
- Demonstrated interest in managing editorial & next-generation publishing
- Knowledge of e-reader devices & basic grasp of html & InDesign helpful
- Must be eligible to receive academic credit for this internship opportunity
- Must be able to work out of our office located in the Financial District in Manhattan
- Available 14-16 hours (2-3 days) a week, in-office
Location: New York, NY
You will receive academic credits.