As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The global network architecture team drives network evolution for Visa, including Visa's Wide Area, Data Center & Corporate Networks. The team is also responsible for driving an innovation agenda that drives Visa's ambitions towards improved security, availability & agility across all network environments.
As a member of Network Architecture team, the Senior Network Architect will be responsible for work on technology proof of concept efforts, development of network automation frameworks, & support of multiple ongoing efforts to evolve Visa's network environments. The preferred candidate will bring a customer centric mindset towards technology evaluation & implementation of change within Visa's network team. As a team member, you will be engaged in software development, documenting & communicating results from technical assessments to a team of technologists, performing knowledge sharing with network engineers & infrastructure reliability engineers, & driving technology evaluation across the network architecture team. The preferred candidate should be well versed in industry technology, comfortable with hands on software development & automation work in order to effectively engage in several ongoing projects without any need for assistance.
The ideal candidate is a passionate technology enthusiastwith experience & interest in network architecture, automation & design. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated & work well with other talented networking professionals. If you are a strong Network Engineer/Architect that enjoys working for a technology focused company driving network evolution, then this is for you.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Prior experience in network architecture or engineering for large enterprise high-availability consumer-facing or B2B network interactions.
- Experience with Python, Ansible, & other development frameworks as applied to Network Automation.
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper & Arista network products.
- Design knowledge ofIP networks for data centers and/or WANs
- Experience withData Center & Wide Area Networking technologies, network design, & implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in assessing technology trends & articulating technology recommendations.
- Experience with technology Proof-of-Concept projects, lab trials, & vendor/technology evaluation
- Experience working with highly-effective engineering teams.
- Interest in researching new technologies & methodologies, researching vendor technology solutions, & estimating costs associated with these solutions.
- Excellent communicator with ability to document & present technology concepts & work across teams.
- Collaborate with network engineering & security teams. Make recommendations on next-generation capabilities to support new business opportunities.
- Research, plan, evaluate & recommend network architecture technology solutions across Data Center, Wide Area & Corporate Network.
- Perform hands on development work with Python, Ansible, & other development frameworks as applied to Network Automation.
- Leverage design knowledge ofIP networks for data centers and/or WANs for Cisco, Juniper & Arista network products as part of network architecture & automation work.
- Assess technology trends & articulate technology recommendations forData Center & Wide Area Networking technologies, network design, & implementation.
- Work with the Information Security to ensure architected solutions meet Visa Security Requirements.
- Provide recommendations to management team to increase effectiveness of organization & technology solutions
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position may require occasional travel up to 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.