Compassis streamlining the home buying & selling experience by building the single software platform for all real estate activities. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology & personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
At Compass, we have nearly 15,000 of the countrys top real estate agents who work with clients to help them buy, sell & rent homes. Compass is a Series G venture-backed company that raised over $1.5 billion in venture funds, & have grown to over 2,500 employees in the last 2 years.
About the Role
As a Data Architect on the enterprise technology team, youll be responsible for building & maintaining our data warehouse environment, maintaining our internal data processes, & implementing & supporting business intelligence capabilities across multiple business functions. You will play a key role in helping us design our enterprise data architecture to support overarching data governance & related initiatives such as data architecture management, data security management, & data quality management.
Our ideal candidate will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial & collaborative environment, & willbe comfortable working & communicating with multiple business & technical teams.
- Defining vision, strategy, & principles for data management in collaboration with senior executives to support the companys strategies & priorities
- Defining standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching, & delivering data within the enterprise;
- End-to-end data architectural accountability for defining & refining enterprise architecture for data warehousing & business intelligence solution
- Understanding how data is or will be, used & implication on people, processes, products, & technology
- Define data standards/reference architectures for use by multiple teams in developing technical designs & work closely with business units to establish & validate data design requirements;
- Deliver well-defined data design documentation & data models that guide & inform cross-functional teams
- Define performance & scalability requirements & validate based on performance & scalability testing
- Review Data Warehouse business cases & initiatives to identify, assess, & communicate feasibility, architecture requirements, costs & issues. In general, provide thought leadership to evolving Data Warehouse/business intelligence (BI) activities.
- 5+ years of experience of Enterprise Architecture principles & Enterprise Data Warehouse best practices, & tools; understanding of data management;
- 5+ years experience of database design, dimensional data modeling, implementation, & maintenance is preferred
- Knowledge of Snowflake data warehouse is required
- Familiar with agile software development processes & is ready to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of master data management & data governance;
- Ability to understand how the data relates to the current operations & the effects that any future process changes will have on the use of data in the organization;
- Ability to translate business needs into architecture requirements;
- Ability to maximize the data resources by reducing redundancy, enabling accessibility within security boundaries, fostering corporate understanding of the meaning of the data (metadata management);
- Understand the relationships across the business process & data flows;
- Collaborate with business stakeholders & data stewards to assess current pain points & areas for improvement;
- Must be able to understand & communicate the data requirements of any future infrastructure needs;
- Expert in data integration & data conversions
- Experience in a self-service Business Intelligence environment a plus.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out ourEngineering blog!