Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring a Director on our Employee Experience team who will focus on Employee Engagement.
Why it matters: After a wildly successful first ~5 years, Axios is continuing to scale & to support that growth we are building out a team dedicated to supporting an exceptional employee experience at Axios.
Go deeper: In this role, you will make an impact at Axios with the following responsibilities:
- Develop an engaging experience for employees after they are integrated into Axios with a focus on engagement, equity, inclusion & belonging.
- Manage all of our engagement work & programs, including:
- Semi-annual Q12 Gallup engagement surveys: implement the survey, analyze results, & partner with HRBPs on team conversations & action plans.
- Ongoing pulse surveys: analyze results to assess employee engagement & well-being & identify areas where HRBPs can provide support.
- Design, implement, & refine programming to enhance employee engagement, recognition, & satisfaction at all phases of the employee lifecycle.
- Support our DEI work across the employee lifecycle & provide robust support for our Employee Resource Groups leaders & our Small Council.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit & passion for Axios mission & have the following skills:
- Proven leader in the HR field with experience working in fast-paced environments
- Knowledge of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion values & best practices
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to project manage & juggle multiple priorities at once
- Creative thinker, entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to have sensitive conversations & advise colleagues on HR-related issues
- Facilitation & presentation skills
- HR generalist experience
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Annual learning & development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Company-sponsored access to Ginger coaching & mental health support
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents & caretakers
- Access to the Axios Family Fund, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity & inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination & harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, & apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, & business needs at the time.