Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role of this polytechnic trainee will be part of the AP HR team is to support the execution & strategy of Asia Pacific (AP) HR South East Asia, reporting into the HRBP. As a member of the AP HR team, the trainee will support the delivery of the Talent Agenda, HR initiatives & HR operations for South East Asia. This focus of this role is divided into 3 parts:
- HR Business Partner: 30%
- HR initiatives: 40%
- HR operations: 30%
He/she will possess a mindset to help support execution of the above activities. The successful trainee will be comfortable working in an ever-changing fast-paced environment to coordinate & execute projects; work closely with his/her internal counterparts for successful delivery of HR programs & services to the business.
- Support the HRBP on HR initiatives, engage with internal stakeholders with a focused on a talent agenda designed to recruit, develop & retain talent in the business
- Participate in meetings, providing guidance & support for organizational planning
- Work with HRBP to development initiatives that align HR agenda in support of business strategies & client groups
- Deliver efficient client-service HR mentality that promotes trust & value for the HR function
- Support the HRBP in delivery of human capital strategy, change & talent goals & initiatives in business groups
- Any ad-hoc projects & tasks as assigned
So what are we looking for in a Polytechnic Trainee?
- Strong ability to collaborate & work as part a diverse & dynamic team
- Strong intellect with ability to combine analytical reasoning & judgment
- Able to deal effectively with multiple initiatives & complex matters simultaneously
- Mature, self-motivated, results driven, flexible & customer focused
- Highly articulate with strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ethical & can be trusted to do only the "right thing" for the employees without compromising integrity.
- Self-motivated & results-oriented to challenge the status-quo sensitively & constructively.
- Exercises judgement in a transparent manner with a strong team focus.
- Possess values & leadership that demonstrates alignment to Visa's Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, Innovation & Excellence)
- Students pursuing diploma courses in Business, Management, Psychology or Human Resource Management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience in previous Human Resource role is a plus
The Polytechnic Traineeship Program runs from Feb/Mar 2020 onwards. The minimum duration for this internship is 3 months.