Braze (formerly Braze) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a Top 10 Upstart by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a talented mobile engineer to be our first Forward Deployed Engineer on the Onboarding & Integrations Team. We work closely with our customers during onboarding to integrate the Braze SDK. Youll be side-by-side with the product & engineering teams at some of the fastest growing & most innovative brands, like Postmates, Microsoft, ibotta, Dominos, & OkCupid. For many of these companies, the mobile app is their flagship product & the face of their brand. Youll work with brands like these as an extension of their team to help solve their challenges with customer engagement.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing mobile applications, working with APIs, & have great people skills. You should have examples of projects that youve managed end-to-end from design to finished product. You should be great at managing your own time, breaking down complicated problems, troubleshooting, & rapidly iterating on a product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the world's best application developers to supercharge their user experience with the Braze SDK. Gain exposure to numerous apps, teams, & environments.
- Problem solve to build solutions that solve real customer challenges.
- Integrate the Braze iOS, Android, & Web SDKs into customers mobile & web applications.
- Collaborate with the onboarding team to understand customer requirements & goals. Youll also work with these teams to document whats been delivered.
- Work directly with customers engineering teams to understand their code base & development environments.
- Travel to Brazes global customer base to support their teams on-site.
- Test & QA your code or support the customer in their QA process.
- Improve our documentation to make it easier for all of our customers to use Brazes SDKs.
WHAT YOU HAVE
Who will be successful as a Integration Engineer:
- 2+ years of experience in mobile development.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & a user-centric attitude.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity & growth in learning more about what you do & how it impacts others.
- You have experience working as a consultant or on a professional services team.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, & vision coverage for you & your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, & parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches & fully stocked kitchen with snacks & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.