At ACV Auctions, you have the opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing automotive technology company. Our team is pioneering new technology & end-to-end service for the automotive industry. ACV is positioned to re-engineer the way the automobile industry buys & sells used vehicles. Our teammates benefit from a relaxed yet intense entrepreneurial work environment. They have the chance to be part of a ground floor opportunity by having an impact on the companys results from day one & growing with us.
Who we are looking for:
As a member of the Data Organization at ACV, the Machine Learning (ML) Engineers primary customers are other internal teams within ACV, whose business objectives & KPIs guide the way we understand problems & evaluate the quality of our solutions. An ML Engineer will be focused on regression/classification/ranking projects in line with the product areas of ACV. Partnering with the engineering teams that support those product areas, our team devises new modes of tackling some of the highest priority needs of the company, with excellence in delivery & execution. A major area of focus is on the marketplace aspects of the matching supply & demand, & optimizing the auction experience for a variety of marketplace dynamics.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent skill & maturity, be self-motivated as well as team-oriented, & have the ability to support the development & implementation of solutions to meet the needs of internal stakeholders. Those who will excel in this role will be those who listen with an ear to the overarching goal, not just the immediate concern that started the query.
Primacy will remain on the fundamentals of great questions, good process, competent analysis, clear communication, team wins, & focused contribution to the companys needs. No amount of education, training, or pedigree will substitute for a willingness to work together & contribute to the growth of the Data team. This job works out of the Buffalo office.
- Combination of graduate education (MS or PhD) & academic research lab experience in Machine Learning, Statistics or similar computationally intensive degree
- Minimum 2 yrs Professional Experience related to job description, notably examples running machine learning projects from discovery to delivery (leadership roles in academic lab may substitute for some professional experience, depending on role)
- Special interest will be placed on those with professional experience with recommendation engines and/or reinforcement learning
- Expertise with Python (strong emphasis on keras, tensorflow, pytorch, xgboost,sklearn)
- Strong professional experience with developer tools like SQL & version control
- Good scripting, functional, & vectorized scientific programming skills in python
- Ability to work in Buffalo office
- Experience in computer vision, signal processing, search, embedding strategies, Bayesian methods
- Experience with Google/AWS cloud architectures, APIs, deploying/maintaining models
- Ability to manage others & work cross-functionally
- Ability to perform more data science exploratory duties in project development stage
- Experience presenting to executives & technical experts
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.