At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
The Site Safety Manager will be responsible for partnering with a site operations team in the Dream Fulfillment Center (DFC) to execute company safety policies & ensure compliance to all applicable local & regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles & kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional & ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe & healthy working environment for our Associates. A successful Site Safety manager will demonstrate the ability to build trust & confidence with the Operations Team & inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments & safety data analysis.
The Site Safety Manager must be an effective communicator & send clear, concise & consistent messages, both verbally & in writing. You will instruct & train Operations Leaders in RtR safety policies & assist the operations site teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. You will work to identify best practices & incorporate these standard methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the safety landscape. The Site Safety Manager will possess excellent safety program knowledge as well as environmental & ergonomic knowledge & be able demonstrate this expertise when working with Operations.
- Identify & inform management of compliance issues, safety risks, & improvement opportunities through the process of doing daily, weekly, & monthly audits
- Facilitate incident investigation process
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) & new equipment introductions. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to Management, including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
- Ensure compliance with all RTR Safety Program expectations & applicable federal & state law.
- Maintain required paperwork to comply with RTRs standards.
- Facilitate access to immediate aid for associates, visitors, vendors, or guests that need assistance or medical attention.
- Deliver on-time & quality projects to operations
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly & monthly metrics to report to onsite management teams.
- Document safety incident information in RTRs OSHA 300 log & 300a in a timely manner.
- Perform safety observations & audits.
- Train & assist the operations staff to comply with RTRs safety responsibilities
- Perform specific safety training as required by the company.
- Conduct documented Monthly facility inspections & document findings
- Partner with the security team to ensure that the security team is aware of RTRs safety policies.
- Analyze safety metrics & review incident weekly & monthly incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- Ensure site leadership & Associates are trained & knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), & effectiveness of all required safety training.
- 3+ years of growing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
- Experience implementing lean principles & process improvement in an operational environment.
- Bachelors degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations applicable in RTRs industry.
- Must be flexible regarding shifts as safety incidents can happen at any time.
- Strong written & verbal communication; bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness & security standards
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose & solve for challenges for associates in partnership with leadership
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Align with the company's core values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs based on the needs of the role
- Distribution Center or Manufacturing Safety experience at a site of at least 500 non exempt employees is a plus.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with site leaders.
- Ability to develop & implement department goals & strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, & strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & the use of pivot tables & the development of charts & graphics.
- Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need