Engineering Manager, Agent Finance
New York City
As an Engineering Manager at Compass, you will lead an engineering team to build state of the art technology that empowers people to make smarter real estate decisions. You will work closely with our product team to bring our technology vision to life for both agents & consumers. You will use your strong technical skills to mentor team members & drive engineering excellence. You find immense value in the success of your team, emphasizing collaboration & facilitating continuous learning & improvement for the team & its members. You believe in continuously improving operational processes & procedures.
You will build & manage a talented startup team in building a new financial management product to help agents understand how their business is performing. You will have the opportunity to pioneer entirely new systems & methodologies that help agents more effectively manage their cash flow, spend, track commissions, & manage payments.
At Compass You Will:
- Be a subject matter expert in relevant technology & product domains
- Lead & mentor engineers & tech leads
- Lead the effort in developing & launching multiple new products, & maintaining & improving existing products
- Contribute technically to projects
- Drive high quality in data, software, & processes
- Contribute to creating an excellent work environment & engineering culture
- Contribute to building top quality engineering teams & technology practices
- Assist in designing, developing, shipping, & maintaining great user experiences across platforms
What We Look For:
- BA/BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of software engineering experience & 2+ years of management experience
- A highly technical, hands-on developer & an effective people manager with experience directly leading teams
- Experience in designing, developing, & maintaining web applications, distributed backend systems or data platforms
- Proven track record of agile management with multiple engineering teams & products
- Excellent communication skills, utilized to collaborate both within Engineering & across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Excellent mentoring & review skills to help engineers make technical & career progress
- Familiarity with API design patterns (oAuth, tokens, JSON)
- Familiarity with data encoding libraries, such as Avro, Protobuf, or Thrift
- Strong business communication skills
- High attention to detail & quality
- Experience with a major cloud provider, for instance, AWS
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.
Check out our Engineering blog!