Company Description|Job Description
At Guardant Health our mission is to conquer cancer with data; as such software sits at the core of everything we do. While we're best known for our molecular diagnostics, which unlock the genomic signatures of cancer, these tests are just the first step in the equation. Turning this genomic data into actionable insights shared with thousands of patients, physicians, & researchers in a scalable, reliable, & secure fashion is a software product challenge.
We wanted flying cars & instead we got 140 characters” is a much-repeated complaint about Silicon Valley. But with all due respect to flying cars, we believe that our mission is even more critical. We've raised more than $500M from some of the leading venture firms in the world to work on this problem.
We are building a unique software stack to manage an ecosystem of microservices, RESTful APIs, & data integrations with internal & external systems to deliver useful & elegant user experiences in the extraordinarily complex oncology diagnostic & therapeutic landscape. We connect patients with clinical trials, help clinicians order our test & receive our clinical reports, & deliver valuable genomic datasets to researchers to help uncover important insights into treatment paradigms & drug discovery. Our technology stack reflects our views of using the best tools for the job, employing Java, Python, Ruby along with Kubernetes, Docker, Mule, MySQL, MongoDB, high-performance computing clusters (HPC), & a variety of AWS services to analyze & disseminate vast volumes of genomic data.
The Software team is looking for an experienced & energetic software engineer to build core data services & APIs that serve a diverse set of internal & external applications.
- As a member of the software team, you will:
- Work with very interesting technologies & dataset (human genomics)
- Specialize in creating integrations between various internal & external systems
- Build & maintain APIs & services that will exchange data with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems, client systems & researchers
- Code for efficiency, reusability, scalability & all other -ilities by following existing frameworks & practices
- Collaborate with software, quality & product groups to turn product requirements into production code
- Propose & vet technical & architectural improvements
- Develop & maintain automated tests for regular releases
- Provide second-tier production support
You enjoy an agile, fast paced & highly technical environment. You are comfortable with every aspect of software development lifecycle, from requirements to production support.
You can collaborate with your team members, understand the big picture, design enterprise services, implement & prove your code is great with automated test results. You are able to work both independently & collaboratively. You are eager to learn new technologies & languages. You are dedicated to engineering excellence yet pragmatic enough to balance quality principles & business needs. You seek feedback & integrate it in a professional manner.
In addition, you bring:
- 5+ years of enterprise software development
- 3+ years of experience developing production software in Java
- Hands-on experience with data modeling, developing schemas (relational databases, XML/JSON), data management & processing (relational & NoSQL data stores)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud services
- Experience working in a face-paced environment leveraging an agile development framework, understanding of Test Automation & Continuous Integration
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, CS, or EE
- Healthcare or other regulated industry is a plus, but not required
We would like to talk with you about our exciting projects we currently have ongoing. Please see guardanthealth.com/jobs for more information & to apply.