See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Strategic Growth Account Executive
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position plays a key role in further growing our business across the US. As a Strategic Growth Account Executive, you will be responsible for retention, revenue growth, & identification of new solutions within key existing customer accounts (1-100 employees) including some of the most successful startups.
In this role, youll:
- Own a named set of Twilio existing customer accounts (ranging 1-100 employees). You will be responsible for revenue growth & retention, as well as cross-sell of new Twilio use cases & software products.
- Help some of the world's fastest growing startups optimize their existing Twilio use cases & find new ways for them to leverage our broader Customer Engagement Platform.
- Establish a thorough understanding of your named accounts business strategy & growth plans to develop, lead, & execute Twilio sales strategies aligned to your customers engagement workflow & business outcomes.
- Strengthen & expand Twilios relationships within these customer accounts, including up-leveling our existing relationships with key C-level sponsors within these customer organizations.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with customers, leverage cross functional teams to build & execute account plans & strategies for each target account.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of experience solution selling into SMB, Mid-Market or Commercial segments & a track record of personally selling & closing complex solutions (Cloud, Saas or CPaas)
- Ideally, you also have experience selling both to a business & technical audience
- Demonstrated success by overachieving quota on a consistent basis
- Ability to expand & build new relationships with senior line of business owners & executive stakeholders to understand & uncover new opportunities
- Are comfortable in a high tempo environment with many priorities & have the ability to effectively manage your own time
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of experience
- You are customer focused, & understand their business from a customer's perspective.
- Strong detailed sales process that comes second nature.
- Proficient in excel & high math aptitude. Data excites you & drives the conversation.
- Ability to effectively & accurately forecast customer use cases.
- You know the power of partnering. You can leverage technical resources to achieve value for your customers, while also maintaining a strong partnership with your broader account team, including Solutions Engineers, & Customer Success Managers.
This role will be remote, & based in the East/Central Timezones, USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.