Intern - Finance / Operations
at Shutterstock (View all jobs)
New York, New York
Shutterstock is a leading global technology company that offers high-quality assets, tools & services through our creative platform. This platform inspires creators throughout the world by providing diverse content to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. The people behind the scenes are a super talented, fiercely passionate group of individuals with the unified goal of working together to build a stronger company for our customers, contributors & colleagues alike.
Shutterstock is seeking an enthusiastic Summer intern to join our Accounts Receivable team, working in the Credit & Collections sector. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the customer-to-sales cycle, as well as financial/ad-hoc analytics. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is highly adaptable to change.
Note: This position is a part of our Finance organization, reports to our Credit & Collections Manager, & is based out of Shutterstocks New York headquarters in the Empire State Building. This role is for Summer 2020, June 1st-August 28th.
- Customer outreach regarding outstanding balances
- Creation of new customer billing entities
- Timely & accurately processing account adjustments for bank fees & other variances (i.e. forex, shortages, etc.)
- Research & resolve payment variances by partnering with customers & account managers
- Perform account reconciliations to determine gaps & inconsistencies in invoicing & payment applications
- Assist in reconciling current backlog of unapplied cash & adjusting customer accounts as necessary
- Prepare, review, & process invoices daily
- Issue monthly statements keep customers files updated with current invoices, bills & contact information
- Completing ad-hoc adjustments as assigned by the AR lead or management team
- Rising senior (or recent grad), pursuing a bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Outstanding leadership experience & go-getter personality
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, & Excel)
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V