Were looking for a paid Legal Intern to join Group Nines Legal & Business Affairs team!
What Youll Do:
You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Legal & Business Affairs team, attend meetings & own your own special projects. You will conduct legal research on a variety of legal issues with a focus on advertising & privacy law. You will review, analyze & update policies in accordance with current law. You will review & analyze intellectual property licenses & talent agreements relating to advertising contracts to help the team facilitate negotiations with various counterparties.
- Have completed the first or second year of an ABA-accredited law school
- Demonstrated interest in advertising, IP and/or privacy law, such as:
- member of a media, IP or related journal,
- advertising law, IP or privacy course work,
- prior internship in digital media, or
- other relevant IP, media or privacy experience
- Familiarity with or interest in U.S & international privacy laws, including GDPR and
- Strong legal research, writing & analytical skills
- Able to work independently; meet deadlines & achieve objectives for special projects
- Have experience using Westlaw
- Be a team player & embrace a collaborative work environment
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.