Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring ab Audit Manager to join our Finance team in ourNew York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Internal Audit provides critical services to our internal business partners while collaborating to focus on the most important risks/challenges facing the organization. Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the Manager will help to lead a team of co-sourced auditors to ensure compliance with MAR requirements & internal audits. This person will collaborate with our business partners, external auditors, & executive leadership. In addition, this role will oversee the project management of co-sourced auditors for the MAR, Internal Audit & SOC requirements.
- The position will help implement the overall MAR program governance & strategy
- Manage annual planning processes including risk assessment (MAR & Internal audit), materiality calculations, account & related process scoping
- Drive strategic thinking & decision making to ensure the company is proactively addressing & anticipating risks/deficiencies, including promoting appropriate risk management, awareness, & mitigation
- A successful candidate should be able to build components of the program, including processes, controls from ground up. They should have good program planning & management skills
- Monitor organizational changes/trends & recommend innovative solutions to enhance the efficiency & effectiveness of the controls structure to business partners
- Perform and/or manage internal audit, other special projects or related work activities & coordinate with the Companys external auditors, Co-sourcing partners & others, as required.
- Act as a subject matter expert & trusted advisor for risk assessment, control/process design, & testing
- Participate in preparing periodic reporting to management & Steering Committee
- Leverage, identify & implement various tools, technologies, & innovation to maximize the efficiency & effectiveness of audit processes
- Build strong relationships with business partners to provide value-added consultation to influence & strengthen operational efficiencies & effectiveness, & reduce risks related to material misstatements for related business segments
- Minimum 5-6 years of related experience,
- Leadership/management experience with a proven track record of engaging, managing & motivating multi-level teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work with senior level management in an independent manner .
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Big Four IT audit experience
- Experience in the IT or health insurance industry is a plus.
- Strong organizational/communication skills
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.