At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
The Risk Management division creates competitive advantage for OnDeck through excellence in risk/reward optimization while simultaneously exercising its function of control in a vigorous & diligent fashion. The Risk Management team develops strategies & models to extend credit in a profitable manner to small businesses & their owners based on a strong understanding of the behavioral & commercial drivers of its customers & on sophisticated analysis of data. As the control function of OnDeck, the Risk Management Team ensures that that the portfolio, policies, strategies, new product features or operational processes at OnDeck are consistent with the risk appetite set by the management team & the board.
As a part of the Risk division, the Data Warehouse team manages the Data, Decisioning & Risk Systems Organization which owns Ondecks data infrastructure & data solution development. We are passionate about improving & maturing our Terabyte data environment & using data to solve business problems. We are looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer to support the growing responsibilities of the team.
As a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer at OnDeck, you will:
- Lead the technical design & implementation of Ondecks next generation reporting data warehouse on Snowflake Cloud DW.
- Be responsible for designing robust ETL framework with proper triggers & data quality checks in place.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand the business & analytics needs.
- Work closely with product managers & software engineers to build reporting data architecture that supports new product launch & feature releases.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- You have 3+ years of experience leading reporting data warehouse design & implementation initiatives, & you understand various data modeling methodologies, relational, dimensional or hybrid
- You have 3+ years of experience designing & developing enterprise level ETL processes, Matillion preferred
- You have 3+ years of experience writing, optimizing & validating SQL queries
- You have excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- You are a quick learner & are enthusiastic about introducing & using new technologies/tools to improve the Data Warehouse
- You are disciplined on using office productivity & collaboration tools
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Math, Information Systems Management, or other engineering field
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Hands on experience with a BI tool, Tableau preferred
- Comfortable with Unix/Linux environment
- Development experience in Python
- Working experience in the financial industry
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**