Fareportal, Travel Technology company in NYC is looking for a Product Manager.
At Fareportal, we create the technology that is driving innovation in the travel industry - one of the worlds fastest-growing sectors. Our employees are the core of our organization & together were revolutionizing the way people book travel.
Our portfolio of brands including CheapOair & OneTravel receive over 100 million visitors annually & drive over $4 billion in annual revenue.
In addition to competitive pay & benefits, generous time off, & frequent company-wide social events, Fareportal provides employees with an environment that nurtures diversity, creativity, & success. Our open & Agile workspace gives our employees the time & space for collaboration, brainstorming, & research & development. At Fareportal, youll be challenged, rewarded, & motivated to work effectively day in & day out.
We are seeking a customer-centric, Product Manager for our attachment APIs & cross-sell engine team. Attachment APIs set of APIs that recommending products such as car rental, hotel stay, activities, parking, visa-passport, insurance & other add-on services to our customers who booked a flight with us. The right candidate should possess at least four years of experience building e-commerce product that enhances & improves revenue, conversion rate, & user experience. The primary focus is to define & execute a roadmap based on business vision, market trends, customer feedback, & data science & business analytics for all our brands. The right person will possess strong technical acumen & proven experience with the full product lifecycle. The role is a challenging yet exciting opportunity to create highly scalable e-commerce solution to help millions of customers to book their perfect travel.
- Hands-on participation to create & improve attachment APIs for cars, hotels, activities, insurance, & other ancillary services by working with development, design, marketing, big data, analytics & other teams as needed. Work directly with the dedicated development team, run scrums, plan their sprints & participate in routine discussions to address questions on the proposed user stories.
- Collaborate on the concept, scope, design, development, & launch of attachment products for all brands
- Lead research, metrics gathering, competitive & performance analyses of products listed above, & communicate results across the company
- Author & publish requirements, identify & outline the needs to increase attachment, convert findings to clearly defined user stories so they are easily executed by the technology team
- Become a key member of the Fareportal attachments team, ensuring our attachment offerings in cars rental, hotels stay, activities & other cross-sell products aligns with customers needs & in line with the companys quarterly & long-term goals.
- Ongoing competitive analysis to ensure that we are providing top-tier products to our connected consumers
- Provide requirement, user stories & work with data science team to build recommendation engine for attachment APIs
- Prioritize mix of minor necessary enhancements & new innovations/revenue/cost opportunities
- Identify & communicate status, blockers, risks, & mitigation strategies to appropriate teams as needed
- Improve accuracy & the quality of data on internal reports & google analytics around attachment products. Improving data collection, utilizes big data, & provide requirements to develop custom reports.
- Build products that rated highly by customer & deliver commercial growth for Fareportal
- Bachelors degree in computers, information system or equivalent,
- MBA degree from reputable college preferred.
- 4+ years business analyst, product analyst or development experience; must have excellent relationship skills, a strong customer focus, creativity, & a drive for results
- Proven experience with full product SDLC, from concept to launch
- Implementation experience across desktop, mobile & app development, & alignment in a B2C environment
- Proven ability to define & execute a successful product & development roadmap
- Ability to break high-level concept/projects into sprint deliverable.
- Create well-defined user stories with clear requirements for development team & detailed acceptance criteria for QA engineers,
- Excellent hands-on analytical skills, with a proven ability of multi-tasking with minimal oversight
- Must be a champion of new innovative ideas that drive competitive parity & superiority
- Ability to lead diverse cross-functional teams & continue fueling innovation to yield a world class product
- Develop & manage ongoing business relationships at multiple organizational levels, & work in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to design & deliver both formal & informal presentations to groups of all sizes
- Experience with A/B testing & tools, with a strong understanding of data driven decision-making
- Knowledge of current web & mobile technologies, & familiarity with how the digital ecosystem is evolving
- Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint, wireframing tools demonstrated attention to detail
- Understanding & appreciation of SEO, SEM, UX, CRO
- Experience with any analytics products like Google Analytics, Omniture, SQL, Scripting, & programming experience.