Enigma is a data-as-a-service company that functions similarly to a credit reporting agency for small & medium businesses (SMBs). We provide the freshest, most reliable & actionable data on the identity, activity & health of nearly every small business in the country. Our customers - financial services & insurance companies who offer financial products to small businesses - use our unique product to make better credit-related & prospecting-related decisions.
Enigmas data set is powered by next wave data science & proprietary machine learning. We incorporate thousands of online & offline sources into their product, several sources for which we have exclusive access. Underlying all of this is world-class data infrastructure, developer-friendly APIs, & intelligent tools so our customers can easily access & seamlessly integrate the data they need.
Founded in 2011, Enigma has raised over $130M of capital from major venture capital firms such as NEA, Comcast Ventures, American Express Ventures, & Third Point, as well as global financial companies such as BB&T, Two Sigma, & Capital One. Enigma is on track to 5x revenue by EOY 2021 with a new SMB data product targeting a massive TAM, & ready to aggressively scale their GTM organization with a new VP of Sales leading this next phase of growth.
The VP of Sales will build on Enigmas current success to drive growth to $50M+ ARR, develop sales strategy, & scale the sales team to 2-3x its current size. Enigma is the only business data provider that has a real-time view into the revenues of businesses & how they are trending over time - this sales leader will build upon a strong product & foundation of current enterprise customers to target high level opportunities in financial services.
The VP of Sales will be responsible for driving the strategy & execution of all sales initiatives to meet revenue goals with Enigmas SMB data product. Specifically, the VP will:
- Report to the C suite & collaborate cross functionally with Marketing, Product, & Customer Success to develop & implement a sales & go-to-market strategy.
- Assess & improve upon current sales processes, methodologies, infrastructure, & metrics to optimize performance of the sales organization. Create & execute a long-term sales plan, including strategies, goals, quotas, tracking mechanisms & analytics.
- Be a hands-on leader for the current team & drive hiring within the sales function. Build strong training & onboarding, performance assessment, coaching & feedback, team succession planning, & ongoing training programs.
- Convert all enterprise financial services companies that pilot the product into long term customers.
We are looking for someone who:
- Brings proven success in meeting & exceeding revenue objectives within enterprise sales
- Has prior experience in a high growth SaaS business experiencing revenue scale going to $50M+
- Demonstrates a track record of hiring, developing, motivating & mentoring sales teams to meet ambitious goals
- Has a data driven, analytical & results-oriented mentality with a deep understanding of value drivers in the data-as-a-service model
- Shows demonstrated success in building strong sales engines, improving/maturing sales operations, & utilizing predictable, repeatable sales roadmaps. Ability to effectively translate targets into specific, measurable actions for managers & individuals
- Shows the ability to operate in a hyper-growth environment & understand both the complexity & challenges of navigating revenue generating functions through this phase of growth
- Is experienced & credible in building valuable relationships with senior leaders & decision-makers in enterprise businesses, specifically financial services or fintech customers
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- A high-energy entrepreneurial approach with a strong drive to innovate
- A team first mentality with a focus on building a deeply collaborative & supportive environment
- An analytical, data-driven, systematic problem solving mindset
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively explain a highly technical product
At Enigma, were building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public & third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow & thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with & support one another on a daily basis. Were a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds & skills, but were all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through datatogether. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.