THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The Logistics Senior Associate role serves as a key member of the Logistics Team reporting to the Logistics Manager. The primary responsibilities for this role are: Booking all inbound & outbound freight shipments, coordinating shipping operations across all Blue Apron fulfillment centers & monitoring shipping carrier performance to ensure the Logistics Team is meeting or exceeding our on-time delivery targets.
Blue Apron is hiring a bright, motivated Logistics Senior Associate to join our Logistics Team. As the newest member of the team, you'll coordinate our outbound & inbound shipments & help keep our operations running. Youll support both our fulfillment centers, in NJ & CA, & a variety of cross-functional teams at our HQ in NY. A typical day will require multi-tasking & finding creative solutions to ensure all product is received at the fulfillment centers & customers receive their boxes fresh & on-time.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
Specific job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Own all coordination & communication processes with our shipping partners regarding inbound shipments of ingredients & materials & outbound shipments to customers.
- Provide carriers with shipping forecasts & collaborate with them to ensure they have the capacity to meet our volumes & service levels.
- Develop relationships across Blue Apron fulfillment centers, internal stakeholders, & third-party vendors to uncover opportunities & drive improvements.
- Optimize truck utilization by analyzing historical data & improving forecasting models.
- Take ownership of the Blue Apron internal claims process, working with carriers to get refunds from damaged product.
- Support & collaborate with fulfillment center team members to manage day-to-day operations, contingency issues, & longer-term projects to improve shipping operations & reduce defects in the outbound fulfillment process.
- Develop an understanding of internal systems/tools, processes, & data relevant to Logistics/Shipping.
- Participate in an on-call schedule that balances personal time-off & necessary work.
- 1-3 years professional experience coordinating shipments with carriers, such as FedEx & UPS, is highly preferred.
- Experience with first, middle & last mile delivery preferred but not required.
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field (Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business or equivalent).
- Superior analytical, communication, & organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task & work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office & Google Suite.
- Experience working with a Transport Management System (TMS).
- Familiarity with Tableau and/or Looker (a plus, but not required).
- Knowledge of NetSuite (a plus, but not required).
- Willingness to occasionally work on weekends & holiday work, as required.
- Interest in the food & technology industries.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.