Senior Product Designer, Product Experience
Join us & do the best work of your life.
Under Armour Makes You Better. This is our mission as one of the leading & most innovative sports brands on the planet. Under Armour is all about making you better, because what we make empowers people everywhere to push themselves, to turn good into great, & to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
We are looking for a brilliant Product Designer to join the Under Armour Global Ecommerce team to help us create the next generation of commerce experiences. Our growing team of passionate designers, engineers, & product owners live & breathe technology. You relate to Under Armours brand mission Under Armour Makes You Better & this is your chance to become part of a challenging & exciting team focused on making everyone everywhere better.
As part of a highly collaborative team, you own the visual UI definition & execution forweb, mobile web, & native app experiences. Partnering with design leads in visual & interaction design, you will work from existing visual styles, & define new styles as needed. You will present rationale for design decisions, & be able to articulate those decisions to design, product, & engineering teams across locations.
Through your work you exhibit a thorough understanding of user needs, & also the importance of delivering against business goals. You are able to work both independently, & collaboratively, problem solving & delivering design systems that meet the highest level of execution demanded by the UA brand, & result in memorable & beautiful experiences for the customer.
- Define visual systems that effectively communicate product function & brand identity, including the design & production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, & icons.
- Deliver & execute finished UI for web, mobile web, & native app via Sketch files delivered in Zeplin
- Work with engineers to implement the design, including testing & visual QA of the builds
- Document & deliver style guides that capture the working components of delivered systems
Passionate about your approach to creative problem solving though design methods & have a strong handle on visual design with an acute sensibility for user experience design. You bring to the team the following:
- 5+ years of experience executing UI & visual design for web & mobile
- Proficiency of visual design discipline typography, grids, color theory, iconography, composition, etc.)
- Proficient with Sketch, Adobe suite, Zeplin, InVision, & executing within sprint methodologies
- Ability to articulate and/or execute motion design
- Strong communication skills (in person, over webex, in email, in documentation)
- Strong collaborator & a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes designers, product owners, product managers, & engineers
- Able to thoroughly understand the conceptual basis of a brand & how it should inform design
- Best-in-class project deliverables (concepts, rationale, assets, comps etc.)
- To be considered, please provide a link to an online portfolio