Zola is looking for a whip-smart UX Copywriter to join its marketing team. This person will report into the Director of Copy & Brand Voice.
We're looking for a person who is:
- Excited to craft copy that guides our couples & their guests through our site & app, making them smile in the process.
- Delighted by thoughtful site experiences that simplify complex tasks. You love when a site addresses you by name & sounds like a human, not a robot.
- A conceptual thinker who can find the right words to bring big ideas to life.
- A confident editor with an eagle eye for catching typos, misspelled words, confusing syntax, & grammatical errors.
- Efficient. You prefer using two words over four. You appreciate clear deadlines. When given edits, you act fast (and carefully).
- Inspired by data. You understand how to incorporate qualitative & quantitative feedback into your work.
- A multitasker to the max. When asked to juggle multiple projects at once, you don't get easily overwhelmed. You love prioritization. Youre not afraid to ask for help.
- An all-star collaborator. You're a people person & jump at the chance to work with a variety of personalities & roles from writers to marketers, product designers & engineers.
- Fluent in all-things digital (websites, apps, social media) with a limitless curiosity about conversations & trends happening in the world.
- Write clear, compelling, & concise copy that drives product adoption & builds brand loyalty.
- Partner with Zolas product, marketing, & business teams to develop features that serve our couples & guests.
- QA & regularly audit UX copy.
- Maintain & develop Zolas voice & tone, copy process, & the style guide.
- Support copy team as needed in addition to Brand Marketing as a whole.
- 2+ years experience writing & editing UX copy (weddings experience a plus, but not required).
- Portfolio or examples of relevant work.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving & critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to work both independently & with a team.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. Were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, & we have offices in Charlottesville & Montreal. Come work with us!