Appian, a recognized leader in low code automation, provides a new way to make applications enabling companies to quickly adapt to change. We help organizations automate & transform their business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting & enhancing legacy applications all up to 20X faster than traditional development. We combine people, technologies & data in a single workflow to maximize their resources & improve business results.
Appian is actively seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager to drive go-to-market efforts for an emerging suite of business solutions built on Appians market-leading low-code automation platform. We are looking for a creative & passionate individual who has a proven track record of taking enterprise Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings (preferably solutions) to market in dynamic high-growth settings. Our ideal candidate will have familiarity with our core industries & possess a strong understanding of the technology ecosystem in which we go to market, including business process automation, low-code application development, & case management.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Market Definition Work with key stakeholders across the business to evaluate, define & prioritize market opportunities for business solutions. Identify & validate urgent & pervasive problems, define buyer & user personas, & analyze the market segments to pursue.
- Product Positioning & Messaging Describe the product in terms of its ability to solve market problems, & create crisp & compelling messages that drive market acceptance & growth. Capture the imagination of IT & LOB professionals with a fresh & creative approach.
- Demand Generation Strategy Define the strategies & tactics for generating awareness & high-quality leads for the solution & partner with the Demand Generation team on the execution of programs with measurement & goals.
- Buyer Journey Collaborate with industry subject matter experts to create content that articulates value throughout the buyer journey. Understand the buying process & key stakeholders involved, & build internal & external content & messaging.
- Solution Launch Drive the go-to-market & product launch process to ensure that all business functions are prepared for new product introduction. Ensure that new features & releases get the needed visibility & exposure, both internally & externally, to achieve revenue goals.
- Sales & Partner Enablement Work closely with Sales to understand their challenges & needs relative to selling the offering, & create & maintain a playbook of sales tools to help Sales succeed, including characteristics of good/bad opportunities, buyer insights, key messages, & sales collateral.
- Competitive Analysis Collaborate with Sales, Market Intelligence & Strategy, Solutions, & other teams to identify competitive & alternative offerings in the market. Assess their strengths & weaknesses & develop a strategy for winning against the competition.
- A minimum of 5-7+ years of progressive product marketing experience in high-tech, high-growth, preferably Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environments
- Strong technical & sales orientation, & the ability to connect with & relate to both Product Management & Sales to act as the bridge between the two
- A proven ability to produce creative, memorable, high-impact marketing content in support of product launches & related initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player & to thrive in a highly collaborative & matrixed environment
- Experience with related technologies, including business process management (BPM), robotic process automation (RPA), artificial intelligence (AI), case management, CRM, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), enterprise mobile
- Prior industry experience, a plus Financial Services, Government, Life Sciences, Insurance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Energy, Transportation
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification (PMC), a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.