The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
The RealReal is seeking a business-minded, analytical & creative Associate Merchandise Manager to support in the execution of strategies & drive omni-channel category performance. The right candidate is a motivated & creative self-starter who will take an entrepreneurial approach to driving both supply & demand.
This position is based inSan Francisco, CA or New York, NY & will report tothe Merchandising Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Quality checks site-wide for product pricing, photo standards & general copy descriptions
- Support daily curation of site content including category online shops & Editors' Picks
- Creation of educational content & product knowledge training
- Assist in content planning, manage site needs to drive the priorities of the category forward
- Research & explore new trends in the Home & Art marketplace (both primary & secondary) to help develop innovative strategies
- Business Analysis: support weekly & monthly reporting of omni channel metrics; develop recommendations & execute to deliver on financial plans
- Collaborate on content & product direction for Home & Art category
- Support the daily needs & priorities to drive the category forward
- Support retail store assortment curation & allocation; coordination with retail teams on trainings & visual merchandising
- Foster strong cross functional partnerships across key functions
- Excel & retail math skills, MS Office, Google G Suite
- Strong computer skills & ability to navigate through eCommerce based reporting & systems
- Bachelors degree with 2-4 years of experience in the Home & Art industry
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, communicate effectively, & solve problems as they arise in a professional & collaborative manner
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary, luxury & vintage Home & Art brands, designers & trends
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail, with a high follow-through skillset
- Agile thinker with ability to pivot quickly as business demands change. Ability to prioritize deliverables, both short & long term
- Robust verbal & presentation skills