As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As part of the Visa's Asia Pacific Consulting Practice, VCA applies deep expertise in the credit card industry to provide solutions to assist clients with their key business priorities, drive growth & improve profitability. We drive tangible, impactful & financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, & merchants. The VCA team provides a comprehensive range of consulting services to deliver solutions that address unique challenges in areas such as analytics, credit card product development, risk management, marketing, strategic growth, customer experience, digital payments, among others, & solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
What a Senior Director, Data Science does at Visa
- Recruiting, developing, & retaining a strong data scienceteam
- Leveraging data science to unlock the value of Visa's unique data
- Driving a robust R&D agenda to identify & monetize opportunities
- Making complex modeling approaches accessible to lay audiences
- Partnering with our internal & external teams to identify trends in our projects that indicate potential for new models & driving POCs of a variety of potential models to prioritize those we should fully build out
- Providing input to the Product Management & Technology teams who are building out the roadmap for our technical capabilities in building & deploying models
- Continually looking at the environment to challenge our assumptions & innovate on new sources of data, tools, talent, potential partners, etc.
What you will need:
- Proven experience building, leading, & inspiring a high-performing team of predictive modelers. Operate as a thought leader & people leader.
- Experience with advanced techniques & emerging approaches to data & decision science.
- Strong consultative skills to establish relationships across the broader organization & clients & related stakeholders
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both business & technology leaders, with a depth understanding of business data requirements & technology capabilities & an ability to make technical concepts accessible to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to influence management & build consensus
- Minimum 15-18 years' experience in building & delivering financial solutions
- Strong solution experience on AI, machine learning & financial modeling
- Experience leading & growing a modeling team in fast-paced environment
- Experience in financial services, preferably in payments or ecommerce
- Strong innovation for new technology, prefer candidate who has startup experience in Data Analytic field
- Experience with greater Chinamarket & financial institutions, prefer candidates who have existing relationships
- Strong project management & pipeline management with solution sales experience
- FluentMandarin speaker requiered