Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The Operations Technology team is responsible for creating, enhancing, & supporting our proprietary solutions to unique business problems. The team consists of multiple groups of highly motivated, creative, & technically savvy engineers, testers, & product owners. These groups are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the products that fuel our round-the-clock warehouse operations with an exact focus on reliability, resilience, & scalability across the company.
What Youll Do:
- Manage & grow the support team & coordinate the efforts of your team to provide pre- & post-implementation support including:
- User acceptance testing, associate training, functionality roll-outs, & systems audits
- Supervising staff & providing leadership, training, mentoring, coaching & direction
- Triaging support requests from Warehouse Operations, Membership Services & Customer Experience teams.
- Grow your team to take on increased Level 1 support scope for RtR Tech.
- Develop & present new processes to leverage systems functionality & improve operational capacity.
- Partnering with the Operation & Warehouse Facilities team to develop alternative business solutions to utilize the systems more efficiently & improve production & quality
- Develop presentations to provide status updates to the C-suite level
- Collaborate with IT leadership to determine best practices & streamline processes across accounts when applicable
- Participate in the training of the site trainers on the use & maintenance of the WMS system while simultaneously assisting in the development of account specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Coordinate with vendors in the management & maintenance of external systems including warehouse control systems & shipping stations
- Participate in workshops & monthly conference calls with national IT - Operations group & Corporate IT team, as applicable
- Communicate IT Maintenance & deployment Schedule with both internal & external customers to prevent delays in production
- Ensure that projects are documented, tested, & implemented to meet the needs of the user
- Manage your team to provide round the clock support to dedicated accounts/networks & escalate issues accordingly
- Manage & coach team members with respect to: assignment distribution, time management, performance reviews, & guidance in application support
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from a 4 year college or university
- Minimum 6 years related experience and/or training; or & equivalent combination of education & experience
- Experience to include WMS configuration, implementation, & support in a distribution center environment with comprehensive knowledge of RF systems & equipment
- Experience working in IT leadership for a 3rd party logistics company is highly preferred
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, & procedures including inventory control & configuration preferred
- Experience with data communications & protocols.
- Working Knowledge of Warehouse Conveyor Systems
- Knowledge of SDLC, Agile development methodologies, change & release management, application servers, & DB, JIRA.
- Knowledge of application design & implementation
- Knowledge of logistics, transportation systems, and/or warehouse management is preferred
- PMP & Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification nice to have
- Hands on with Google Suite of products such as Sheets, Docs, Drives & workflow systems like Jira Confluence, Visio, Slack
- Ability to read, interpret, & publish documents such as safety rules, operating & maintenance application instructions, & procedures manual
- Ability to write routine reports & team wide correspondence
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical & non-technical users
- Ability to manage & prioritize multiple requests to ensure timely response to the users
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.