Guild is hiring for a VP, Strategic Planning to play a central role in setting Guilds corporate strategic roadmap. Working closely with leaders from across Guild, this leader will help drive consensus on the right short-, medium-, & long-term objectives & strategies to optimize Guilds competitive position & mission attainment.
Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States largest companies to innovate on how to educate & upskill millions of employees. As an innovator in this space, there are considerable options for Guild to define the space -- with many potential go-forward strategies & no predetermined path.
As the leader of Guilds Strategic Planning function, you will:
- Define, maintain & evolve a best-in-class strategic planning discipline & process across Guild, determining how to best set strategies in a complex business environment
- Facilitate the annual & quarterly formal planning processes, drawing perspective from the full Guild leadership team & advancing consensus on roadmap & priorities
- Lead the research & analysis process for key strategic decisions that require further decisioning, providing perspective on competing strategic opportunities to determine ideal decisions
- Drive the communication & enrollment strategy to ensure that all members of Guild, not just those setting the strategy, can leverage the strategic plan to clearly guide their contributions at Guild
- Build the Strategic Planning function from the ground-up, identifying ideal team construction & profiles to best support these initiatives as a team
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of total experience in management consulting, corporate strategy or similar
- Experience in setting strategic roadmaps, ideally at a corporate level, but also potentially at a product or department level
- Strong senior communication, influence & group facilitation skills, challenging a group on incoming views to drive the best end outcomes
- Inclination to be a builder, helping establish processes & develop teams from 0 to 1 to beyond
- A drive to work hard & a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, were curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities & education institutions. Guilds proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit & our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation & the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman & former CEO of AMEX, & joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, & Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, & transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $230,000-$250,000 & bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna & Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year & an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal & or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term & long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, & fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free & low cost mental health resources & support services
- Education benefits & tuition assistance to help your future development & growth