Omada Health is on a mission to inspire & enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated & talented in-house attorney to join Omadas Legal team in a role focused on negotiating & facilitating complex commercial & health care transactions with Omadas customers, vendors & strategic partners. The right candidate is a skilled drafter & negotiator, willing to tackle a wide range of legal issues & ready to partner cross-functionally on initiatives that influence all aspects of our rapidly growing business.
This is a unique opportunity to add significant value to an excellent legal team in an innovative & dynamic environment. You will serve as a primary legal contact for our commercial & operations teams & other business units & provide end-to-end support in the contracting experience. You will draft, review & negotiate complex commercial contracts, including customer agreements, strategic partnership agreements, supply agreements, software licenses, professional services agreements & other vendor agreements, to ensure alignment with Omadas business goals, policies & risk tolerance. You will also work with stakeholders across multiple functions to define & drive discussions, manage expectations, drive transactions to close & maintain compliance with ongoing contractual obligations. In addition to working on specific transactions, you will help to refine playbooks, templates & processes to enhance efficiency, provide legal advice & counseling to internal stakeholders and work as part of a highly collaborative team to manage the day-to-day legal needs of a rapidly growing business.
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience working on commercial or health care transactions, with a combination of experience in house & at a top U.S. law firm
- Extensive background in drafting service agreements, license agreements, SaaS agreements, data use agreements, partnership agreements & NDAs
- Understanding of the practical legal concerns involved in commercial & technology transactions
- Excellent negotiation skills to apply to complex transactions & customer discussions
- Ability to understand complex issues, assess risk & provide concise, practical & business-focused legal advice to stakeholders across the company
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead, manage & prioritize competing transactions & other projects from inception to completion in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working with & counseling clients in day-to-day business operations (i.e., sales, operations, engineering, product management, marketing, finance, etc.)
- Strong organizational, critical-thinking & problem-solving skills
- Accredited law degree & state bar membership in good standing
Bonus points for:
- Prior work experience in the healthcare industry (including experience negotiating health care provider agreements with health insurance companies);
- Understanding of federal & state privacy laws relating to the protection of personal health information, including HIPAA;
- Experience with federal and/or state health care regulations; and
- Experience handling privacy & data security matters in commercial contracts.
- A competitive cash compensation package (base & incentive) in line with a late-stage private company.
- Equity participation.
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, & vision
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Working with health plans, employers, & health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals dealing with chronic conditions, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, & depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, & curriculums tailored to an individuals specific conditions & circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 450,000 participants across all 50 states. Omadas partners include major employers across the country, including Costco & Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna & Kaiser.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, & ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated & leveraged to inform better design & business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.