At 1stDibs, we are committed to developing a best-in-class platform to help our buyers discover beautiful & unique pieces of art, jewelry, & design. Our taxonomy is foundational to driving our business, empowering sellers, & guiding buyers throughout our marketplace. We are looking for a Structured Data Analyst to join our Structured Data team to help us develop an extensible, robust taxonomy & related metadata that support our buyers in their discovery journey.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop expertise in analyzing user behavior, market & industry trends, & supply growth to inform data structure & taxonomy improvements on our platform. As a member of the Product team, you will partner with cross-functional teams to inform our roadmap & drive strategy for our team. You will further refine your skills by constantly balancing our inventory mix & user needs to meet the goals of the business.
About our Team
The Structured Data team at 1stDibs is responsible for developing & maintaining item attributes, controlled vocabularies, categorization, & filters for our marketplace to deliver a seamless & delightful shopping experience.
What youll do:
- Research & propose category-specific attributes to enhance the buyer experience
- Analyze our platform taxonomy & supply mix to identify areas of opportunity
- Inform how we approach structured data solutions
- Partner with engineering, product, marketing, merchandising, designers, analytics, & other internal stakeholders to identify ways of integrating structured data across the platform
- Advocate internally to drive structured data use, best practices, & adoption throughout the organization
What youll bring:
- 1-2 years of experience in information organization preferred
- Strong analytical skills to analyze feature performance & make recommendations
- Project management & multitasking ability to juggle projects
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to break down complex problems & communicate effectively across different functions to identify potential solutions
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive effective decision-making
Nice to Haves:
- Proficient in SQL or other query languages
- E-commerce & marketplace experience
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.