- 57 years experience
- A high sense of ownership across all aspects of security, whether info-, app-, network-, or other-latest-hot-subspecialty
- Deep knowledge of current threats & an active engagement in keeping up with zero-day vulnerabilities
- Engagement at all levels of the software development lifecycle, from source code to configuration & secrets to unit testing & CI to monitoring to automated remediation
- Excellent communication skills & a collaborative, mentor-based approach to working with dev teams to insure best practices are met
- Experience driving penetration testing, either personally or by working with external vendors
- Production experience securing cloud environments, ideally AWS & Kubernetes
- Background in microservices & REST APIs
- Understanding & knowledge of OWASP
- Risk assessment & audit experience
Youll Get To:
- Build & execute on the vision for end-to-end security at Moda
- Research, design & apply advanced security techniques
- Automate security testing & remediation using a variety of scripting & open source tools
- Help train others on secure coding techniques & security in general
- Research new attack vectors & stay current with cybersecurity news & trends
- Perform threat modeling, static application security testing, code reviews, & secure design reviews for high risk applications
- Drive regular penetration testing & security bug fixes
- Serve as technical security/risk advisor on all new technology & system designs
- Assist developers in remediating vulnerability findings by providing line-by-line guidance
About the Engineering team
The retail space is one of the most rapidly changing industries today, & Moda stays at the forefront of those moves because of its innovative engineering team. Theyre working on some of the biggest advances in tech right now: artificial intelligence, big data analysis, machine learning, & customized, innovative tools. The entire tech stack is built in-house, using the latest tools & frameworks.
Moda is a young startup with a dynamic culture, engineers at the company can have an oversized impact with their work advancing not only Modas technology, but the retail industry as a whole. Engineers arent told how they should implement new features Moda has created a great culture for self-driven experimentation, innovation, & fresh ideas.
About Moda Operandi
Moda Operandi brings designer fashion collections, from established & emerging designers, straight from the runway & designer showrooms to consumers through our online marketplace & Trunk Show model. We recently brought on a new CEO Ganesh Srivats, ex-Tesla, with experience in building top quality products & technology. He sees us as a global platform connecting creators, curators & consumers; we are redefining how luxury fashion is bought & sold in what is predicted to be a $446 billion market by 2025. We have an opportunity to rapidly scale the business globally while also investing heavily in technology, data, & customer experience to innovate on our core platform.
Backed by New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Apax Digital, Adrian Cheng|K11, LVMH, Fidelity Investments & Cond Nast, the company recently announced a $165M Series F growth investment round which it will use to fuel investments in technology & data science, expand the designer offering, continued international expansion, & increased development across several key business verticals. This will fuel our ambition to reach $1B+ in revenue by 2021.
- An Agile, Tech/Product-driven environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium medical, dental, & vision coverage for full-time employees & their dependents
- 401k matching
- Dog-friendly office