Squarespace is powered by design. We offer a uniquely entrepreneurial, yet supportive culture, where ideas can come from anywhere & execution is everything. Our team is seeking a Motion Designer to bring our products & brand to life through animations, prototypes, & videos. You possess strong conceptual design skills as well as the ability to tell compelling stories through motion.
You demonstrate respect for the details, a passion for the power of design, & a thorough understanding of how one affects the other. Youre constantly learning & mastering new tools as a means to realize your creative vision. You have knowledge in a wide array of technologies, techniques, & applications, with an expertise in one or two specialties. While you spend most of your time working in motion, your passion for design drives you to create polished final products from a rough initial direction.
This role reports to the Visual Design Manager in our New York office.
- Create proofs of concept (motion and/or coded prototypes) that enhance digital experiences & help telling stories.
- Create animations & videos for a range of front-site projects (Squarespace.com), internal initiatives & brand campaign work, including campaign microsites & social.
- Through their work, being a bridge between the creative & engineering teams.
- Collaborate with designers & writers to craft stories through motion.
- Collaborate with designers & other engineers to incorporate animations & prototypes into production.
- Ability to foresee design & motion trends to keep Squarespace at the forefront of design for web.
- Portfolio of shipping products that show motion as part of UI & the experience.
- You are an expert in motion graphic programs like After Effects & Final Cut Pro.
- Are proficient in 3D applications like Cinema 4D, Blender, Z-Brush, Maya, 3D Studio Max or equivalent.
- Have a passion for telling stories through motion, including storyboarding, editing footage, & motion graphics/animation.
- Are equally comfortable working autonomously & in collaborative cross-discipline teams.
- Have an eye for detailed design & can execute against a variety of aesthetics & styles.
- Create animations for ads across web & social media
- Have an understanding of high performance graphics, especially in-browser (e.g. WebGL, SVG Animations, etc).
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.