Systems Reliability Engineer (SRE)
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today, Cloudflare runs one of the worlds largest distributed networks that powers more than 1.5 trillion pageviews each month across 5 million Internet properties. More than 10 percent of all global Internet requests flow through Cloudflares network. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code.
Our customers range from Fortune 500 companies & nonprofits to small businesses & budding entrepreneurs. Every day, about 12,000 new customers sign up. Were working to create a faster, more secure, & more reliable experience for anyone online & given the scale at which we operate, our mission is big. Our team is hard at work shaping the future of the Internet by solving some of its toughest challenges. Come join us.
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal:to build a better Web. We believe that with our talented team, smart technology & engaged users we can solve some of the biggest problems on the Web. Just how big?
- We have over 6 Terabit of network transit capacity
- We serve more web traffic thanTwitter, Amazon, Apple, Instagram, Bing, & Wikipedia combined
- Anytime we push code, it immediately affects over 200 million web surfers
- Every day, more than 10,000 new customers sign-up for Cloudflare service
- Every week, the average Internet user touches us more than 500 times
- We serve data from over 80 points-of-presence around the world
We are still a small team, well-funded, growing quickly & focused on building a world-class company.
Our globally distributed network is core to what we do. We are looking for talented SREs to join our all-star team & scale our network as Cloudflares business grows. The ideal candidate has deep insights into how the web works, with a strong knowledge of DNS, linux, TLS, & automation. This is a great opportunity to be part of a small team building & running a high growth network.You will build tools to constantly improve availability, performance, uptime & response times. You will nurture a passion for an automate everything approach that makes systems failure-resistant & ready-to-scale.
- Monitoring our extensive network for issues & problems
- Responding to issues with our software & services, network issues & security bugs
- Developing our extensive property monitoring tools
- Writing new tools to help manage & automate issue remediation
- Work on cross team projects developing in deploying new products & services
- Training & mentoring junior team members.
- Proven experience in Linux systems administration
- Strong track record of working with software development language skills in Python, PHP, Go, SQL or Bash
- Previous strong skills in network services such as DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP
- Network fundamentals DHCP, ARP, subnetting, routing, firewalls
- Proven experience with the Linux Kernel & linux software packaging
- Previous experience in performance analysis & debugging with tools like perf, sar, strace, dtrace
- Proven skills in configuration management systems such as Saltstack, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Previous work on load balancing & reverse proxy technologies such as Nginx, Varnish, HAProxy, Apache
- Proven experience in SQL databases (Postgres or MySQL)
- Proven experience in time series databases (OpenTSDB, Graphite, Prometheus, Grafana)
- Proven experience in Key/Value stores (Redis, KyotoTycoon, Cassandra, LevelDB)
- Proven experience in Internet working & BGP
What Makes Us Special
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul.Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet. In 2014, we launched Project Galileo, an initiative through which we partner with global NGOs to identify websites at risk of attack & provide the same state-of-the-art mitigation technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost. Project Galileo equips politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work.
Additionally, weve announced our partnership with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization that works with companies to create 18-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one. With the lofty goal of shaping the future of the Internet, were focused on recruiting the best & the brightest, no matter what.
Cloudflare hires the best people based on an evaluation of their abilities & effectiveness.We don't discriminate against employees on the basis of any other personal characteristic or any classification protected by law.
Apply by: Please apply by 1 August 2019