We are looking for a SEO Associate to join our New York, NY Marketing team.
At 1stDibs, we sell the most beautiful things on earth & are looking for an SEO Associate to help position 1stDibs front & center when customers search Google & other search engines in pursuit of these things. Whether its antique furniture or vintage couture, we want to ensure were ranked #1 in user searches!
In this exciting role, youll be responsible for executing specific tasks (think on-page optimization at scale) & will also own entire projects, such as monitoring how we rank for thousands of queries across dozens of query classes. SEO has driven significant growth & will continue to be a priority for 1stDibs. You will learn from & gain exposure to teams throughout the company & have accountability & ownership of the traffic & revenue gains you are able to produce.
What youll do
- Learn from seasoned SEO team members & leading external consultants (iPullRank founder & search marketer of the year Mike King & AJ Kohn of BlindFiveYearOld.com).
- Assist in implementing the 1stDibs SEO strategy, working closely with editorial, product management, social & PR teams
- Partner with the top SEO content marketing agency, Siege Media, & our in-house editorial team on content SEO. This includes suggesting & vetting content ideas for SEO opportunities, providing SEO outlines to ensure highly searched topics are covered, reviewing & editing tags & reporting on organic traffic to content pages.
- Leverage a broad toolset (Botify, STAT, aHrefs, SEMRush, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, etc) to report on & analyze 1stDibs organic traffic, site health, rankings, Googlebot crawls, & backlinks to monitor performance & identify areas of opportunity.
- Develop scalable approach to optimizing existing page content, tags & links for top opportunity pages
- Conduct competitive research to understand other sites performance & what 1stDibs can learn from them
- Assist in developing, & executing, a link-earning strategy, as well as content marketing initiatives
- Closely monitor industry news in order to provide the most up-to-date recommendations & track industry-wide changes
What you'll bring:
- 1-3 years of SEO experience including familiarity with SEO tools
- Thoughtful & detail-oriented, with an ability to multitask
- Process-oriented, with the ability to plan & execute projects cross-functionally
- Great oral & written communication
- Experience setting & exceeding aggressive work goals wherever you go
- Comfort with content management systems such as WordPress & web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- A positive outlook & strong interest in working with a team to make a large impact
Not a requirement, but a huge plus
- Advanced Excel skills & comfort with manipulating large volumes of data
- Digital marketing (bonus: e-commerce SEO)
- Web product management
- Knowledge of, or at least a strong interest in design & beautiful things
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.