ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands & products all built with one goal in mind to give fans new & innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, & leagues. Thats no easy task, which is why were so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means well never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance & paid leave policies, were committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon & Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook Americas #1 sports betting app
- TVG The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network & betting platform
- FanDuel Racing A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet A world-class betting platform & affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars The premier online poker product & affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The Retail Regulatory Compliance Senior Manager will be the subject-matter expert within the State Regulatory Compliance team for all topics related to retail sports wagering & cash at counter products. On a day-to-day basis, the Senior Manager will be primarily responsible for incident management related to retail, escalating retail issues to Regulatory Compliance leadership as necessary & liaising regularly with the Retail Operations Compliance team to provide guidance & consistency in approach. The Retail Senior Manager also will represent the Regulatory Compliance team in regular engagements with casino partners & will manage documentation & compliance with policies, procedures, & internal controls for existing retail facilities. The Senior Manager will be an expert on federal obligations that affect retail sports wagering operations in addition to state regulatory requirements & engage accordingly with the Federal Regulatory Compliance team as appropriate. It is expected that the Senior Manager will document & maintain current within the Regulatory Compliance team all retail-related information (e.g. market access partners, policies/Standard Operating Procedures, training & all other relevant processes & data specific to retail locations, etc.) & serve as the point of contact for all retail-related audits, examinations & regulatory requests. Developing trust, communication & an effective working relationship with all partners & regulatory contacts will be paramount.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Respond to retail issues that arise by taking ownership, conducting diligence, finding an appropriate resolution, reporting & documenting to the satisfaction of stakeholders including, but not limited to local market access partners & applicable regulators, & escalating such issues to leadership as needed, including providing weekly reporting to the Regulatory Compliance leadership team.
- Manage an effective centralized retail regulatory documented program that meets obligations set by the relevant authorities with a particular focus on AML requirements.
- Draft & continually refine retail SOPs, reports & related policies & procedures.
- Be the most knowledgable person within the Regulatory Compliance team on all things retail.
- Represent the Regulatory Compliance team in internal meetings relating to ongoing retail operations.
- Conduct compliance check-in meetings & design & deliver weekly retail compliance reports & Key Risk Indicators for leadership review.
- Serve as the liason between the Regulatory Compliance team & the wider FanDuel retail team, as well as with the companys retail market access partners, for ongoing retail operations.
- Partner with the retail team & training experts to implement new employee, annual compliance & ad hoc lessons learned training programs for Retail staff.
- Respond to requests from internal & external auditors relating to regulatory compliance processes, procedures & policies.
- Serve as a point of contact for escalations for customer facing teams.
- Serve as the point of contact for responsible gaming for the retail organization
- Conduct periodic retail risk assessments.
- Maintain record retention processes for effective & compliant record retention.
- Complete other regulatory compliance tasks assigned by management.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Once hired, Retail Compliance Senior Manager, will be required to obtain licenses from various jurisdictions in order to represent FanDuel before regulators in those jurisdictions.
- Minimum 5 years of internal control, internal audit or compliance experience, consulting experience a plus.
- Travel flexibility: Role may require significant on-the-ground engagement at times with new retail locations before & during launch as well as site audits & other monitoring & training visits as necessary
- Sound & tested experience exercising judgment including communication, relationships and the accurate presentation of materials required of high-stakes engagements.
- Bachelors Degree (J.D. a plus, but this is not a role involving the practice of law)
- Experience engaging directly with federal or state regulators, SROs or comparable
- Excellent oral & written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of management
- Extensive relevant post-qualification experience
- Ability to work as part of a team in a very fast paced & changing environment
- Understanding of business priorities & ability to work to them
- Attention to detail, process-oriented & an analytical mind
- Ability to work independently & out of comfort zone
- High level of personal initiative & motivation
- Excellent interpersonal & presentation skills
- Professional, honest & reliable
- Customer service experience
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting & fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship & professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs & platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.