Pivotals Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile & lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, & infrastructure with organizations core expertise & values. Our cloud-native platform & suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the worlds most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds & with greater business agility. We optimize for change & teach next-generation developers to create & build new solutions, & are committed to open source & open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project, & are guided by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
You enjoy daily product decision making & real product delivery with product managers & developers. You help ensure project success & client satisfaction. You enjoy seriously collaborative teams, pairing with team members & inviting your clients to participate. You like to work alongside & learn from lean & agile leaders. You are a creative problem solver who is comfortable with uncertainty & can lead the design effort to make better product decisions. You are curious & a keen learner who thrives on enhancing your & Labs' practices & knowledge.
About Us VIDEO
Founded in 2013, Pivotal Software, combines our leading cloud-native platform, tools, & methodology to empower the worlds largest organizations to adapt to change & build great software. Our technology unleashes developer productivity, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
Product designers at Pivotal Labs ensure we solve the right problems & understand user needs to deliver new or improved products & services that have real impact. We espouse a lean/iterative mentality, & try not to treat design artifacts as precious - the only deliverable we are concerned with is the software.
You are a full stack designer in the sense that you are willing to help out on any of the dimensions of design - research, testing, ux, visual, css, etc. Its ok if youre not an expert in every speciality! We dont expect you to know everything - we just want you to be curious enough to want to learn.
As consultants, the goal is to ship products that create real value while enabling the client team to develop skills necessary to take the product home after an engagement with our team - you will be teaching traditional waterfall designers how to fish.
You are working with a cross-disciplinary product team & pair with everyone - developers, product managers, other designers, & your clients. You show clients the value of agile design, & the importance of user testing in making smart product choices.
In the spirit of agile design, you have the opportunity to experiment with process. - do what works, try new things, & stop doing things that dont work.
Required Skills / Experiences
- 5+ years of professional experience in a related field. Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Bring deep experience in at least one facet of the 3 facets of design: user research, interaction design or visual design
- Have experience designing applications, from consumer facing to internal tools
- Lead product design from research through implementation - you want to help the team succeed more than making a nice sketch file
- Maintain a user-centered approach while respecting business needs
- Able to work & be effective in an agile design environment, rather than a waterfall one
- Have experience & curiosity within agile & lean philosophies
- Have experience working independently with clients or stakeholders in a consulting role
- Knowledge of modern front-end systems & open source frameworks (iOS, Android, Bootstrap, responsive patterns, etc.)
- Willingness to travel 20-50%
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Have experience enabling clients in user centered design best practices
- Experienced in user research methodologies & can educate others
- Interest in giving talks on design to clients & internal pivots
- Some familiarity with CSS - you dont have to be an expert
- Active member of the design community
Total Rewards Package
Pay Range: 93,500 - 126,500 CAD
In addition to salary, our total rewards package also includes equity in the form of RSUs, comprehensive medical & disability benefits, employer match on RRSP, fitness reimbursement programs & more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTLCanada In (Pivotal) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees & communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing & promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity & inclusion are essential to motivate, empower & recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIESPivotal is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email AskHR@pivotail.io or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).