About the Team
The Analytics team is a critical function that supports data-driven decision-making throughout Harry's. The team is the central nervous system of the organization -- we make sure that data flows throughout the company, & everyone has the information they need to make better decisions faster. The analytics team thinks about data & insights from the factory floor in Germany, across our global supply chain, through the marketing we show our customers, to when the customer gets a package at their door or at their nearest retailer.
As Harrys, Inc diversifies across more channels, geographies, & brands, it is becoming increasingly more important that our data tells the story of the entire portfolio in a way that clarifies ROI & tradeoffs for our leaders. To support this need, we are focused on building out a new Business Insights function within Analytics. This teams responsibilities will span:
- Maintaining the multi-brand codebase in the data warehouse & through our BI tools (i.e., Looker)
- Maintaining our metrics & data definitions in a nuanced yet consistent manner across brands
- Synthesizing data on a regular basis to provide leadership with portfolio-level insights on business health, breaking down the silos that exist today within business units
- Driving deep analysis of the whats & whys of key drivers to surface hypotheses for action
About the Role
Harrys is seeking an exceptional analyst, who will be responsible for diving deep into our omni-channel performance & building the narrative on our business health to share with leaders across the company. You will work closely with our Analytics Engineer to structure our data model & define & code our key metrics. You will also leverage these data elements to uncover insights on the overall portfolio.
Because our business is complex, we need someone with both a strong business acumen, excellent storytelling skills, & a robust technical toolkit. Youll work with key decision-makers throughout the company, & also share your insights & recommendations with all levels of the business. This is a very hands on role.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is a builder & entrepreneur -- someone who is excited about using data & analytics to push the whole company forward.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Build the metrics & narrative that drive monthly performance reviews with our full leadership team
- Define, document, & code the nuances of how we measure metrics over the course of a customers life cycle (e.g., LTV, churn)
- Automate & own the KPI dashboards that regularly report out on business health
- Consolidate data points from across business units to synthesize the overall story
- Own deep analyses of our drivers that surface insights that lead to actions. For example, you might:
- Investigate the underlying drivers of churns & cancellations
- Deep dive on whats impacting our On-Time In-Full metric & how thats affecting LTVs
- Track the customer journey across our eCommerce platforms & brick & mortar
- Understand what our segment of top customers looks like & diagnose why Harrys products work for them
- Build requirements for the development of the multi-branded codebase (i.e., the data model that sits within the data warehouse)
Background & Experience:
- 3+ years of overall experience in the Data Analytics or Data modeling
- Proficient Technical Skill - You are fluent in writing SQL (Python or R are a bonus) to query & manipulate datasets, answer questions, & drive end-to-end complete analysis that help accelerate the business. You have a history of creating effective visualizations to clearly drive your point across to various stakeholders using visualization software, like Looker or Tableau
- Strong Business Acumen You think deeply about business strategy & profitability, & have experience translating the business ins & outs into data driven problems. You can proactively identify & investigate potential areas of opportunity with independence
- Engaged Analytical Thought Partner You are excited about partnering with coworkers to figure out how analytics can solve problems. You are skilled in translating business questions into data analysis visions to execute. You are great at communicating in order to both fully understand someones business needs & to communicate potential limitations of your approach
- Tactical Problem Solver You have experience boiling down medium & large scope data problems into measurable & achievable blocks of work. You have the foresight to identify & dismantle potential roadblocks ahead of time. Furthermore, youre pragmatic: you can identify & work on the most important problems first & you want to find the highest-impact lowest cost solution
- Clear & concise communicator You know how to communicate complex concepts effectively & concisely & are comfortable presenting & debating in large groups. Were looking for strong data advocates who can plug into cross-functional working teams seamlessly & drive cultural pushes for the organization to become more data driven
Values that might describe you:
- You like to solve problems - You push yourself to solve problems in novel, scalable ways so that you are never solving the same problem twice
- You are curious & a learner - You are always seeking to improve yourself & your team, & you love to learn new things while going deeper in the areas you know
- You thrive on direct, honest, & supportive communication & feedback
- You are infectiously optimistic - To you, theres nothing more exciting than a new challenge. Hard things are hard, but you dont let that get in the way
Who you will work with:
- You will report into the Senior Manager, Business Insights
- Within the broader Data org, you'll work most closely with the other data analysts & analytics engineers on the team, as well as with the data engineers that support our infrastructure
- Within the larger H org, youll work closely with our Inc leadership team, Retail team, Growth marketing leads, Brand leadership teams, & Finance / Operational Planning teams
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.