About the Role
- Collaborates with sub-category team members (category management, site merchandising) to understand & provide input into financial plans.
- Coordinates & completes demand plans for sub-category suppliers/sellers; models future buying & inventory plans.
- Assists in the development of buying & inventory strategies for the sub-category.
- Analyzes seasonal inventory flow plans to ensure customer demand is met, & summarizes findings.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise & applies this to the development, execution, & improvement of action plans
- Analyzes financial data (e.g., seasonal inventory flow plans, forecasts against actuals) for sub-category.
- Summarizes key performance metrics (e.g., in-stock, inventory turnover, return on investment, sales, margin, channel mix) for sub-category.
- Provides input into sub-category budgets, season buy plans & line review financials.
Forecasting & Financial Planning:
- Creates forecast parameters & modifications & provides input into financial strategy for sub-category.
- Monitors vendor/seller forecasts (for 1P & 3P). Identifies potential goals for category teams (e.g., category manager, site merchandising manager) based on forecasting. Implements new item/product forecasts.
- Models compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity
- Assists in the placement & validation of orders within sub-category. Monitors orders to ensure proper quantity & pricing
- Coaches less experienced team members & provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge & work performance.
- Mentors less experienced team members.
- Provides & supports the implementation of business solutions
- Bachelors degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 2-4 + years experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve & define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money & live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent & more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital & physical shopping to help achieve that mission.