Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
The Front End Engineer position requires in-depth knowledge of design & development of web/mobile user interfaces & interactive applications. You should have experience with agile methodologies, working experience with at least one high level or scripting language, & experience building scalable & robust user interfaces. You will own the end-to-end design of major deliverables, working closely with a team of SDEs to execute them. This is a high visibility & fast-paced environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience & the bottom line of the company.
- Innovating, architecting, crafting & implementing highly visible projects which enable the customer experience
- Writing & deploying clean, tested, & well-documented code
- Contributing ideas for new features & proactively identifying areas for improvement
- Working cross-functionally with iOS, Android, Services, Design, Product, & Program teams
- Mentoring other members of the team via joint programming, code reviews, etc.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional team members to understand, refine, & implement product requirements with quality, accuracy, & speed.
- Stay up to date with & encourage the appropriate use of the latest technologies & industry best practices
At a minimum you have
- Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, performant, secure, & accessibility compliant.
- Able to solve difficult software & UX problems with some ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem & mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays. Can decompose a problem into clear software & UX design actions.
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches & common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, MV*, objects, promises).
- Can articulate the risks & benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, & toolsets.
- Able to dive into the source code of front-end libraries to debug, patch, & extend them when necessary
- You instrument software with real user metrics (e.g., taps/clicks, feature interaction, performance, fatals) to provide data & protect the customer experience by using alarms & monitors.
- Proficient in view layout & rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
- Knowledge of engineering & operational excellence best practices.
- Understands how to optimize the delivery of code & assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
- Understands the implications of introducing dependencies.
- Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory & CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customers devices, etc.).
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- When in office; snacks, cold brew & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.