Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Sr. Director of Co-Brand & Partnership Development of North CEMEA is responsible for developing & executing a Co-brand & broader partnership development strategy for the Canadian market. This role will work extensively with issuers, merchants & loyalty programs on both new-to-market partnerships & the optimization of existing programs. The opportunity requires leadership, vision & creativity to develop the Co-brand strategy, drive the expansion of Visa products & solutions, & lead the overall commercialization of Visa's partnerships development objectives.
This role will report directly to the SVP Head of MS&A CEMEA & be key member of Visa's CEMEA MS&A team with dual accountability to the VP Global Head of Co-brands. The incumbent will collaborate with key executive leadership from functions across Visa such as technology, marketing, merchant sales leaders, acquiring, issuer account leaders, customer support, & product teams. Externally, this role will collaborate with senior executives at key merchants & issuers.
- Accountable for the design of the North CEMEA Co-brand Go to Market Strategy', leading the development of Co-brand prospect prioritization, sales strategy, cross functional collaboration & annual business plan
- Support the expansion of new partnerships through the cross selling of non-Co-brand Visa products & services to create a comprehensive, deep partnership with Visa merchants
- Lead the implementation & optimization of existing Co-brand partnerships; working with issuers, merchants & loyalty programs to ensure programs are successfully launched & achieve growth expectations.
- Develop & manage a North CEMEA Co-brand sales pipeline including the definition, prioritization, tracking & reporting of Co-brand opportunities
- Lead new Co-brand business development activities with merchants & issuers: prospecting, lead development, & active selling for profitable new Co-brand opportunities
- Collaborate with internal Visa partners to identify opportunities & deliver coordinated business development efforts across Co-brand & complementary products & solutions
- Lead negotiations with Co-brand partners that reflect the strategic nature of Co-brand relationships
- Lead strategic initiatives that define Visa's long-term approach & demonstrate thought leadership to our partners
- Serve as internal & external thought leader responsible for communicating Visa's Co-brand & partnership vision, strategy & perspective within a rapidly evolving industry
- Lead a cross functional team, set clear objectives & provide guidance & support to achieve our mutual goals
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Extensive payments industry experience with a strong partnership focus combined with a deep perspective on the trends influencing the industry. A minimum of 12+ years business experience with related sales & management experience.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to follow through on strategies & deliver tangible business results.
- Excellent collaborator & natural team player with superb influencing & interpersonal skills.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams promoting a shared vision & delivering as a single team.
- Deep Co-brand experience, fluent in Co-brand business development and/or program management best practices along with implications for issuers, networks & merchants.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo & experience exploring transformational ideas from conceptualization to commercialization.
- Co-brand issuer and/or merchant experience managing a co brand portfolio P&L; preferably across a variety of markets & relevant industries such as airline, retail & ecommerce.
- Deep knowledge of payment economics & partnership structures with analytic orientation & viewpoint on emerging partnership trends.
- Proven record of accomplishment of successful sales & relationship management with experience developing & managing a pipeline of initiatives & driving commercial results.
- Demonstrated experience building & leveraging strong relationships within client organizations.
- Proven ability negotiating business agreements & ability to develop new business partnerships.
- Consulting experience, consumer loyalty management and/or coalition loyalty experience desired.
- Strong executive presence & exceptional communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint