As Oscar Health continues to expand to new markets across the country, an essential component is negotiating high-quality contracts with national & regional Providers, Systems & Vendors.
In this role, you will lead negotiations with Oscars most critical Vendor partners. You will collaborate with our divisions leaders & other internal stakeholders to understand & incorporate Oscars operational, financial, & member experience goals as well as regulatory requirements. You will be project managing & ultimately owning negotiations of key Vendor contracts.
In your first 6 weeks you will:
- Become well-acquainted with Oscars internal operations & technology-enabled approach to curating strong, high-quality networks for our members.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the rate structures, economics, & core contractual provisions of Oscars Vendor partnerships.
- Form strong working relationships with internal stakeholders across the company & understand the impact of our contractual terms on their workstreams.
- Become an essential part of the drafting, negotiation, & initial operationalization of critical Vendor deals.
Moving forward, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Independently lead, own, & refine our process for contractual negotiations (including legal language & rates) with new & existing Provider Vendors from end to end, including maintaining a consistent standard for Vendor negotiations across the team.
- Own & manage the full lifecycle of a portfolio of deals (i.e. from strategy development to template generation to negotiation to account management handoffs).
- Collaborate with deal owners, Vendor account managers, & other Oscar teams & stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have relevant healthcare industry experience & a solid understanding of healthcare industry & vendor-specific dynamics, as well as a background in a client-facing, leadership role. Other key components for success include:
- 6+ years of work experience in healthcare vendor partnerships, revenue cycle management, contracting, or business development.
- A strong analytical background & the ability to quickly digest & evaluate complex legal contracts, including rate structures, economics, & other quantitative aspects of negotiations
- Experience working with healthcare systems, payers, and/or vendors
- Outstanding structured & critical thinking, & keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organization, & project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills & experience with intricate negotiations
- The flexibility to work both with & without structure
- Demonstrated comfort in collaborating with executive stakeholders
- A JD, MBA, or other professional degree from a top program with a clear track record of excellence
- Experience with early-stage enterprises (e.g. building a company or standing up a new functional area)
- Background in process building & operational improvement
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policyhere.