Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking an International Messaging Specialist to join our Super Network team. This role will be responsible for supporting Revenue Portfolio Team meeting set revenue & margin targets by optimising routing & procurement decisions. This candidate brings a network of contacts from the global A2P messaging industry of carriers/operators, SMS aggregators as well as experience working with OTT customers. Reporting within the Multi-sourced Accounts Team, this position is critical in supporting Twilios SMS growth strategy within the Super Network.
We are seeking a commercially astute individual to identify new routing opportunities for A2P & OTT SMS volume, revenue & margin growth.
- You have at least 3 -5 years of telecom experience, with in-depth knowledge of global telecom regulations & international A2P SMS market rates.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree.
- You are a self starter with a skill for driving cross department projects who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance - be an owner.
- You have hands on routing experience & the ability to make intelligent routing decisions to optimise revenue & margin to hit monthly/quarterly financial targets.
- Ideally, you have a combination of SMS technical account management & procurement experience.
- You have strong financial reporting & forecasting skills of key metrics: volumes, revenues, margins & conversion rate trends on a daily, weekly & monthly basis.
- You have an analytical mindset, with ability to manipulate large data sets to maximize conversion rates & financial outcomes.
- You are a strong self starter who identifies & completes tasks on your own & can execute daily operations & medium-sized projects.
- You have great communication skills & are able to efficiently communicate with different business units.
- Financial experience advantageous.
As an International Messaging Specialist you will:
- DRAW THE OWL: Be an integral part of the international SMS experts team within Twilio's Super Network, supporting & optimizing routing for Twilios strategic Revenue Portfolio ( focus on OTT) accounts.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER's SHOES: In this hands-on role you will actively use your routing knowledge & procurement contacts to maximise routing options to grow revenue & margins for Twilio while maintaining the right quality for our customers.
- Youll have responsibility for consistently growing volumes, revenues & margins within Twilio customer base by optimizing routing operations.
- BE BOLD: You will work with different SMS Routing profiles, to optimize routing cost on various messaging products by analyzing cost structure of destinations, identifying best possible cost compared to available quality & taking actions by changing service provider according to analysis outcome.
- BE AN OWNER: In addition, you'll own international SMS bid & quote processes for large OTT customers while working closely with operations analysts to spot trends & predict future customer behavior & gain insight into traffic patterns & conversion rates.
- BE INCLUSIVE: You will own projects & work cross departmentally with an array of internal teams including finance, legal, carrier relations, messaging operations & sales.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in Malmo, Tallinn, London, Berlin, Madrid or Dublin, though considering the worlds current circumstances you will start from your home office.
Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.