WHO WE ARE
The Farmers Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B & are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, & Glossier.
Join The Farmers Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, & much-needed change to the way people feed & care for their pets.
The Farmers Dog is looking for a software engineer to help build out our subscription, e-commerce platform from the ground up to support our numerous personalized orders shipping out each week. As our monolith Node.js application matures, were breaking away services one-by-one. There are currently about half a Dockerized services in addition to our main application.
Some of the things you could be working on:
- Re-architecting an automated billing & shipping label acquisition services to support hundreds of thousands of orders
- Migrating to TypeScript & GraphQL
- Scaling third-party services for taxes, payment & shipping (think MQs, dedicated workers, etc.)
- Launching new products, markets & verticals
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience working as a software engineer with a demonstrated ability to build & ship production services
- We take pride in writing software the right way. That means peer reviews, ample time to refactor code, & write tests
- Play nicely with others (humans & dogs)
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, & Vision
- Flexible PTO & WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks & coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota