Checkrs mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkrs product has shifted the on-demand economy & has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern & compliant background checks for global enterprises & startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment & we want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people & we encourage all qualified individuals to apply for our roles.
The Quality Assurance Manager plays an integral role at Checkr. At Checkr you will join our growing Compliance team which ensures the accuracy & optimization of background reports prior to completion. The Quality Assurance Manager will work cross-functionally across the entire organization to understand & drive quality initiatives. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset & knowledge of operational insights to develop, implement, & advise on quality initiatives. This position will report to the Sr. Manager of Operations & have strong people management & interpersonal skills & acute attention to detail. You will become part of a gritty hard-working team creating a new standard of quality in the background screening industry.
What You'll Do
- Work with leadership & other cross-functional partners to scale the team, including headcount planning, workflow/ product improvements, & implementing ways to uplevel the team & the work they do
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify & investigate complex compliance risk issues using data to creatively explore & solve problems & fix at the root cause. Diagnose & identify areas for further quality analysis & synthesize recommendations to drive business decisions
- Optimize processes & track results to improve internal & external compliance requirements. Ensure team optimization & performance to meet critical KPIs & OKRs
- Represent the team as a subject matter expert in all areas of quality assurance. Work & communication cross-functionally to analyze & drive projects & initiatives to completion to ensure timely resolutions & information integrity
- Collaborate with our Compliance & DataOps teams to understand evolving trends & risks & the effectiveness of our compliance controls, workflows & supporting systems. Foster an environment of experimentation, analytical thinking & precision
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Ideally 2+ years of leading & coaching a high-performance team with a track record of building rapport & learning the nature of the teams day-to-day work.
- Prior experience in risk, fraud, audits, compliance or trust & safety is preferred
- Research-driven, critical thinking & customer service skills - Experience in building & scaling programs a plus
- Effective & timely communicator. Strong verbal & written communication skills are a must along with an ability to provide feedback, coaching, & direction to individual contributors
- Highly organized & ability to juggle all aspects of people & project management
- Analytical, process & solution-oriented - Expertise manipulating & analyzing data & building models in Excel, & using data to make sound business decisions; knowledge of SQL a plus
- Proficiency in computer applications (both offline & internet-based) is required
- Project management skills - ability to manage concurrent projects with a track record of hitting targets & deadlines
All Checkr employees enjoy the following:
- A fast-paced & collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching & professional development
- Competitive compensation & opportunity for advancement a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental & vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, & snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented & qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, & leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering & celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, & cultures enriches the workplace.Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkrs commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history (in accordance with San Franciscos Fair Chance Ordinance as well as state and/or federal laws).