Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
Compass is looking for a Salesforce Admin / Developer to join our team! This role will be responsible for contributing to the technical development, configuration, maintenance, & integration of the Salesforce platform. The ideal candidate will be able to provide solutions that are highly scalable, extensible, & easy to maintain while keeping the overall end user experience in mind.
What youll do:
- Collaborate with product management & fellow technologists to design, develop & deliver frictionless SFDC based functionality
- Self-manage to come up with pre sprint technical design & grooming activities
- Drive user story analysis, elaboration & design. Ensure code quality is high with supporting unit test & automation, on time & on budget delivery
- Develop in Visualforce, Apex, & Lightning to build customized solutions that support business requirements & drive key business decisions
- Drive low-level architecture & contribute to high-level architecture. Champion modular design, reuse, separation of concern, high cohesion & loose coupling
- Employ industry best practices to deliver world-class solutions. Ensure developed solutions remain compliant with all applicable standards
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies & how they can be applied to Compass
- Enable change, help accelerate innovation & ensure customer delight
- Drive software development activities to meet schedules & timelines
- Research problems discovered by QA or product support & develop solutions to the problems
- Conduct unit testing & integration testing for functionality
- Ensure that software standards & quality targets are met
- Comfortable working in an IDE such as Visual Studio Code & utilizing Salesforce DX
- Managing code via git source control & github best practices
- Salesforce.com App builder & Platform Developer I certifications required
- At least 2 years of experience developing on the Force.com platform with Visual Force, Apex, Controllers, Triggers, & Apex Data Loader.
- Experience in working both classic interface & lightning interface.
- Experience with Lightning components
- Experience Writing test classes.
- Experience in conducting gap analysis on existing processes & potential alternatives.
- Ability to use out-of-the-box SFDC functionality as well as building custom solution on top of the
- frameworks building blocks.
- Experienced working with SOQL / SOSL Queries
- Familiarity with SOAP / REST APIs
- Experience authoring & designing a web-based API is a plus.
- Capable of performing comprehensive testing of various modules both for Systems Integration Testing (SIT) as well as for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Strong documentation & verbal/written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Salesforce.com Advanced Admin certification preferred
- Experience with JIRA & Confluence a plus
- Experience with Jitterbit Data Loader is a Plus
- Experience with SFDC Devops tools such as gearset, ant, circleci, salesforce cli with sfdx
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Ourentrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.