Lead a high-growth team to build a B2B SaaS product that clients love
CB Insights has grown quickly by focusing on clients. We do this by building products that help clients make sense of the future & drive their businesses forward, using data.
With a massive market ahead & a fast-growing team, we want to add a hands-on product leader.
The Director of Product Management is a new role, & a great opportunity to solve complex problems, & to lead a tight-knit, hungry, & highly visible team.
You will drive product prioritization, roadmap, & scale product management practices that enable us to deliver valuable & high-quality products to our clients fast.
You & your teams work will be seen by hundreds of Fortune 2000 customers, the top VCs in the world & 600,000+ newsletter subscribers.
- Own quarterly product prioritization & a rolling 6-month roadmap that make our clients successful & move the needle on product KPIs
- Articulate roadmap strategy, prioritization tradeoffs (supported by data), & value to clients to leadership, & to the larger CB Insights team
- Lead by example: own a portfolio of data & workflow products; drive roadmap for products you own from idea to launch, & continual iterations.
- Partner with Design & Engineering to create cohesiveness in UX & UI across web & mobile platforms.
- Lead a team of 3+ Product Managers responsible for prioritizing, planning, & delivering the roadmap
- Embody a client-focused & performance-driven culture; recruit & retain talent
- Coach product managers on key principles & skills. Examples include: data-driven prioritization, simplifying complex problems, defining meaningful product KPIs
- Refine product practices & improve consistency in quality deliverables (e.g. research summaries, roadmap documentation, PRDs) across product managers
- Solidify & roll-out product development process with leaders across functions (e.g. Technical PM, Design, Engineering, Data, Customer Success, & Product Marketing) to improve the quality of products delivered
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of B2B SaaS product management experience, preferably in a startup or high-growth environment serving enterprise clients
- Recruited & led a high-performing team of product managers
- Hands-on leadership experience: proven track record of leading cross-functional teams to launch complex products in an Agile & fast-paced environment
- Built & optimized product development, launch, & enablement processes with internal partners
- Track record in leading product planning efforts: including planning the roadmap at the org-level, & setting quarterly OKR with a team of product managers
- UX certification or proficiency in wireframing & prototyping tools (e.g. Balsamiq, Sketch, Abstract, Invision) is a plus
- Experience in a role related to CB Insights customer profile (e.g. strategy, innovation, venture capital) is a plus
How do you know if you may be the right person for this role?
- You have high standards for you & your teams work, & what a product should enable clients to achieve
- You enjoy building data software products with engineers & designers in an iterative, & fast-paced environment
- You are client-obsessed, & have a deep understanding of CB Insights clients. You challenge & coach product managers to deliver valuable client experience under aggressive goals
- You see the big product picture, but also sweat the details; you can get into the weeds of UX & feature requirements when the team needs you to
- You value hard work & collaboration
- You embrace that speed of execution is a weapon for a growth company
- You take an analytical & data-driven approach to product prioritization
- You have strong communication skills; you should feel comfortable speaking to diverse audiences (e.g. executives, technical audience, clients) as the subject-matter-expert on product
- You are a structured thinker who can influence a diverse array of audiences.
- You are a data geek & enjoy experimentation
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Perks & Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, & vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, & Hungry:Check out more about our company culturehere.
EqualOpportunityEmployer:CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submithereand you'll be eligible for $5,000!