At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
As a member of the Lyft Communications team youll help bring the Lyft story to life for riders, drivers, partners & communities.
We imagine a world where cities are designed around people rather than cars. We have a bold vision & a clear plan to get there. Were already making progress. It is a compelling story & were looking for experienced & creative communications professionals to help tell it. We have multiple communications manager roles on the team including roles working across corporate communications & technology/consumer communications.
In each of the roles youll have clear ownership of specific topics, programs or issues. Youll be responsible for developing & implementing strategic communications plans making use of all of the tools in the modern communications toolbox, including earned media, owned content, partnerships, & digital & social strategies. Youll work closely with leaders in other functions & with others on the Communications team, establishing yourself as a trusted advisor to key partners.
Were looking for strategic thinkers & creative storytellers who are willing to experiment & try new things. Youll have a passion for using data to inform your work, & youll have a strong record of working collaboratively with co-workers & with internal partners. Youll have experience of building strong & productive relationships with reporters & influencers.
Were a fun team with an important role at a mission driven company. Come & join us.
- Nurture & build a strong & diverse team of communications professionals who can drive world class communications programs in support of Lyfts business goals.
- Define compelling consumer & technology narratives that support the companys broader narrative & vision.
- Build strategic & creative communications plans that strengthen Lyfts image & reputation with consumers.
- Partner with leaders of each of our Lines of Business & with other central teams - especially marketing - to build compelling & strategic communications strategies, campaigns & plans in support of the company overall, the business units, & specific products & services.
- Work directly with top tier media to help them be successful & ensure they understand Lyfts vision & progress.
- Design & build integrated communications capability including across new & emerging platforms.
- 8-10 years of communications experience. Experience working with technology products & services is helpful.
- Experience working in competitive & dynamic industries.
- Strong experience developing narratives that align with the company mission & resonate with audiences.
- Proven experience as a trusted communications advisor to business partners & leaders.
- Deep experience building constructive relationships with top tier reporters, editors & influencers.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.