Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Investigator, youll join our AML & Sanctions Team helping detect suspicious/illegal behaviours & patterns with a focus on the Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) process. In this role, you will investigate customer activity on Circle products & follow Circle policy & standards, as well as compliance obligations in determining course of action. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive individual with a background in AML compliance, who enjoys analytical challenges & isnt afraid of large datasets.
What you'll work on:
- Conduct comprehensive investigations of potentially suspicious activities such as money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, sanctions violations, etc. & determine required action.
- Draft & file SARs to enforcement networks, & document decisions not to file a SAR - exercise independent judgment & discretion handling sensitive cases.
- Perform transaction monitoring alert reviews & sanctions hit reviews to be able to identify when activity requires further investigation.
- Assist with customer onboarding to determine the relative risk of customers & their transactions as required.
- Come up with ideas & insights on how we can enhance & improve current procedures & controls.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor's degree, Graduate Degree in Law, Business, or Intelligence Studies a plus.
- 3+ years of experience working for a financial institution on AML investigations, ideally conducting blockchain investigations.
- Strong analysis skills, attention to detail & organization skills.
- Experience analyzing large transactional data sets; SQL experience is a plus.
- Good communication skills & ability to develop relationships across the organization & collaborate.
- Experience working with blockchain forensic tools (e.g., Chainalysis, Elliptic).
- Proven experience filing SARs; knowledge of SAR filing best practices.
- Work well under pressure & tight deadlines.
- CAMS or CFCS certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.