THE ROLE: Planner
Were looking for
The Merchandise Planner is highly motivated, proactive & thrives on a fast-paced environment. They are responsible for driving their business across multiple channels through sales, margin & inventory management. This role has opportunity to make an enormous impact on company growth as well as gain exposure to top management.
What youll accomplish
- Work with Directors, Sr Planners, & Merchandising team to develop pre-season plans & execute plans & forecasts across channels & departments
- Ensure that all event plans roll to top down sales, margin, & inventory targets.
- Manage OTB with category/brand direction & utilizing assortment plans & buying guides to aid the merchants with breadth, depth & size scale
- Responsible for identifying markdowns & pricing to ensure profitability of the department
- Partner with Buying Team on promotion planning & analysis, markdown proposals, & exit strategies
- Ability to identify & escalate risks/opportunities within their department
- Leads collaboration within the planning team & with cross functional teams
- Serves as a guide to associate development, provides training & growth opportunities
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness & innovation. Were committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow & bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you & sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Bachelors degree in Business or another quantitative field preferred
- 3-5 years in a retail or merchandise planning role
- Experience managing junior team members
- Strong analytical skills
- Expert Excel skills
- Planning system experience required
- Business Intelligence tool experience is a plus!
- Ability to juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY & CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupes policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated & proof of vaccination will be required.
Rue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. Weve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium & luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites Rue La La, Gilt, & Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion & technology, were also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, & ourselves to push past the expected every day. Our culture is rooted in our values & together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious & Empowered