So you've been hearing a lot of buzz about Serverless tech in conjunction with Mobile, but what exactly is the serverless or cloud functions? Come find out at IBM Developer SF's Lunch & Learn!
Serverless has become the new style of coding, & it can be used to offload your mobile apps without incurring unnecessary costs. Get an intro into serverless/function-as-a-service/cloud functions technologies in the Mobile-Backend-as-a-Service (MBaaS) context & learn why startups & enterprises are so excited about using it.
We will be demoing Serverless in Java & Android, & covering:
- Who are the players in the Serverless ecosystem?
- What are some use cases for Serverless solutions - with MBaaS as one of them
- Best practices for the Serverless architecture for MBaaS
- Whether going Serverless is really faster, better, cheaper for developers & organizations
- Live coding examples using Java & Android
Come join us for an evening of great food, learning & great company.
Marek Sadowski is a full stack developer advocate, a robotics startup founder & an entrepreneur. He has about 20 year experience in consulting largest enterprises in USA, Europe, Middle East & Africa. As a graduate from the International Space University Marek pioneered in a research on VR goggles for the virtual reality system to control robots on Mars in NASA Ames. He founded a startup to deliver robotics solutions & services for industries. Marek moved to Silicon Valley to promote IoT, robotics, mobile solutions driven by AI, APIs, & Cloud.