1) Bahubali (Bill) Shetti @shetti - Director of Developer Advocacy for VMware Cloud Services
2) Shri Upadhye @iShrivatsa - Cloud Advocate at VMWare focused on Cloud Security & Cloud Native applications.
3) Sushant Dewan @sushantdewan Engineering Manager on Wavefront by VMware
5:30 pm - 6:00 pm - Guest check-in & networking (drinks & appetizers)
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Presentation w/Demo
7:00 pm - 7:30 pm - More Networking
There are many options for tracing, & various different architectures to implement. Understanding how to interpret & use the tracing data to optimize the application is not well understood by many. In this meetup we will show how to:
-Get a full end to end view of your application (service graphs)
-Troubleshoot an end to end trace for a specific user on the app
-Analyze tracing with metrics (such as request rates, error rates, & duration metrics)
-Understand how to analyze errors in the app shown in tracing output
For a polygot based application running on Azure. Well use a standard off the shelf tracing tool (Wavefront) & show how to achieve this.
About the speakers:
1) Bahubali (Bill) Shetti @shetti - Director of Public Cloud Solutions for VMware Cloud Services . Bahubali leads a team of Cloud Architects evangelizing & developing solutions for improving public cloud operations (AWS/Azure/GCP). Bahubali was part of the initial team that developed & launched VMware Cloud Services. Previous to VMware, was various Cloud Startups. More at https://cloudjourney.io/team/bahubali_shetti/
2) Shri Upadhye @iShrivatsa - Shrivatsa is a Cloud advocate at VMWare focused on Cloud Security & Cloud Native applications. He works on evangelizing security best practices for application developers. Prior to VMWare, he was a Technical Marketing Engineer at Cisco Systems, focused on architecting orchestration tools for managing enterprise applications across major cloud provider, AWS/Azure/GCP. More at
3) Sushant Dewan @sushantdewan is an Engineering Manager & is leading the Observability Platform team at Wavefront by VMware. His team is chartered to build a true Observability Platform comprised of metrics, histograms & distributed tracing for the microservices architecture. Before joining Wavefront, he has worked on several challenging software problems at VMware, McAfee, Dell-EMC, & Accenture.