This is our return to in-person events after 2 years of virtual events! Pizza & drinks will be provided!
Attention! Please RSVP on Eventbrite
5:30pm PST: Doors open
6:00 - 7:30pm PST: Three talks from Snapchat, Lyft, Reddit
- By RSVPing you affirm that you are vaccinated
- All guests will be asked to take a covid test for entry. Tests will be provided on-site
- Masking is up to each guest's personal preference
Search Infrastructure @ Snap
We will talk about how we leverage existing technologies like Elasticsearch & HNSW to support search use cases at Snap. We will discuss tips & tricks of maintaining robust low-cost Elasticsearch clusters that enable searching through billions of documents & terabytes of data, & how self-hosting compares to using a managed service like AWS ES. We will also touch upon our recent forays into user embedding-based approximate nearest neighbor (ANN) searches.
Speakers: Sushobhan Nayak is the Tech Lead for the Search Infrastructure at Snap.
Incentives Platform @ Lyft
We will talk about Lyft's Incentives Platform & how it is used as a Growth lever. We will take a deeper look into the different concepts on top of which the platform is built, discuss how we scaled operations & share learning from our journey.
- Yan Chen is a data scientist on Incentives Platform team, mainly working on targeting model iteration & new campaign onboarding.
- Amit Parikh is the Engineering Manager for the Incentives Platform team at Lyft
Building r/place for success - an April Fools' tradition @ Reddit
We will share the history of April Fools' at Reddit, how r/place initially came to fruition, & how we engineered this to be a growth moment for Reddit in 2022.
Speaker: Yee Chen leads the Growth Product team at Reddit